Travel back through time
Location and Uses
Timeshift Stones were excavated and refined in the Lanayru Mining Facility and can consequently be found throughout the Lanayru Province. They are magical objects that can manipulate time when struck. Link can strike a Timeshift Stone to awaken and replenish the land, technology, and its Ancient Robot servants to how they once were before a rapid climate change caused the land to wither from its quick depletion of natural resources. Fi determines that Timeshift Stones were once used as a source of power for the Lanayru Province. Unrefined Timeshift Stones can be found within mine carts in the Lanayru Mining Facility, which can be struck to activate a small field surrounding the cart, activating and mobilizing the cart in the process.
Remains of enemies that are near a Timeshift Stone will come back to life when they are activated and enemies such as the Ampilus will revert to an infant state. If enemies from the present come into the field of an active Timeshift Stone, they will disappear. They will reappear at the place they vanished at if the Timeshift Stone is later deactivated. The opposite is also true; if enemies within the field of a Timeshift Stone leave it, or if a Stone is deactivated, they will disappear. In the past state, electrical barriers may appear, blocking Link's path, whereas spiky, metallic barriers in the present disappear. Additionally, there are fans that serve as barriers within the past, blocking Eyeball Switch. The past state is also the only time when Ancient Flowers may be found.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||時空石 (Jikū Seki)||Space-time Stone|
|Italian||Pietra del tempo||Time stone|
|SpanishLA||Cronolito||From Greek χρόνος (time) and λίθος (stone)|
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 53
- "This is Lanayru Mining Facility, phwing! It is where Timeshift Stones are produced." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Signs indicate that Timeshift Stones were used in this facility as a kind of power source." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "And we can't do anything with this Timeshift Stone without Master Thunder Dragon's permission, vrrm." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "We were just about to transport this Timeshift Stone to Master Thunder Dragon, vweep." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "We got permission from our master, the Thunder Dragon, to dig for Timeshift Stones, vweep." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "With this talk of controlling time, one can't help but think of Ocarina of Time. The ocarina is the same color as the Timeshift Stones. Could they be made of the same material?" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse) pg. 53)
- "Its blue-white radiance brings to mind the Timeshift Stones found in the eras of antiquity." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse) pg. 86)