|Counterpart(s)||Shady Guy (Hyrulean)|
The Thief Girl is a character in A Link Between Worlds.
The Thief Girl is first found imprisoned in the Thieves' Hideout. She was imprisoned after discovering the location of the portrait of Osfala. After Link rescues her from her prison, she takes him to the location of Osfala's portrait. However, as they are trapped inside the hideout, Link must complete the dungeon with the Thief Girl's help.
After escaping the hideout, she leads Link to a house right of the Thieves' Hideout entrance where the portrait is hidden. She then leaves Thieves' Town to hide in a cave south of the Vacant House. Inside the cave, she wears a mask and gives Link Rupees as an additional reward for rescuing her.
- When receiving Rupees from her, the Thief Girl says "How about we just keep this a secret to everybody, okay?." This is a reference to the iconic quote from The Legend of Zelda, "It's a secret to everybody."
- The Thief Girl may be a reference to Ghanti from the A Link to the Past manga by Akira Himekawa, as they both have purple hair and are thieves. Also, after the Thieves' Hideout is completed, the Thief Girl is seen in a cave wearing a mask that looks like a fox. Ghanti transforms into a fox-like creature in the Dark World.
- The Thief Girl's fox-like mask could be a reference to the fox-like Pikku enemies from A Link to the Past.
- The Thief Girl's presence as a prisoner of the Thieves' Hideout is likely meant as a reference to Blind's strategy of disguising himself as a maiden in A Link to the Past.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Boss went and hid my thief girl away where no one could hear what she had to say." — Bag Guy (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Well, I may have "accidentally" learned where the boss hid it... maybe." — Thief Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "You're looking for that painting, yah? That one of the kinda younger... elder-looking fella? I'll show you where it's hidden." — Thief Girl (A Link Between Worlds)