The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia
|The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia|
|Publisher(s)|| Dark Horse Books|
|ISBN|| ISBN-10: 150670638X|
Encyclopedia is divided into three chapters spanning from The Legend of Zelda to Twilight Princess HD. The first one is a visual encyclopedia explaining keywords like the Master Sword and Hyrule. The second one is a list of enemies, items, dungeons, and more. The third and final chapter features archives with explanatory notes and storylines of each game in the series.
A deluxe edition designed after the golden cartridge from the original The Legend of Zelda was also released. This edition features gilded pages and comes with a scale instruction booklet and a sleeve based on the dust covers included with NES games.
|10||The "Reading the timeline" example differs from the actual A Link Between Worlds event.|
|11||Claims that Ganon appears in Four Swords.|
|25||Claims that the pedestals in the Chamber of Sages are marked with the initials of each Sage.|
|73||Both Romani Ranch and the Gorman Track are referred to as Hyrulean ranches.|
|75||Claims that a Castle Town appears in Majora's Mask.|
|93||Lightning Rods are mentioned despite Breath of the Wild not being featured in the book.|
|101||A Pig Warrior is depicted instead of a Moblin in the Era of Light and Dark section.|
|109||The Sacred Forest Meadow is referred to as the Sacred Grove in the section for Kokiri Forest.|
|116||The Arrows from Spirit Tracks are listed before the Arrows from Phantom Hourglass.|
|118||The Book of Seals is depicted as blue.|
|119||*Claims that there is a Piece of Heart inside the Private Oasis in the section for the Cabana Deed.|
*Claims that Mr. Write gives Link the Fishing Hook in the section for the Broom.
|120||The Compasses from Majora's Mask are listed after the Compasses from Twilight Princess.|
|123||The Fishing Rod listing mentions Majora's Mask instead of Majora's Mask 3D.|
|125||There is no section for Golden Key.|
|128||*Claims that Ice Arrows can create platforms on water in Ocarina of Time.|
*There is no section for Hero's Key.
|129||Majora's Mask 3D is referred to as Majora's Mask HD in the section for the Town Title Deed.|
|130||*The Magic Armor from Twilight Princess is listed before the Magic Armor from The Wind Waker.|
*Claims that Magic Bean can create platforms instantly in Majora's Mask.
|131||*The Master Sword listing excludes Ocarina of Time 3D, The Wind Waker HD, and Twilight Princess HD.|
*The Mirror Shield from Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages is listed before the Mirror Shield from Ocarina of Time.
*There is no section for Medal of Courage.
|134||Claims that Kafei became a Skull Kid in the section for the Pendant of Memories.|
|135||The Razor Seed listing mentions Majora's Mask instead of Oracle of Ages.|
|136||Ricky's Gloves listing excludes Oracle of Ages.|
|138||*The Slingshot listing also mentions Oracle of Ages.|
*Claims that Keys in The Legend of Zelda can only be used inside the dungeon in which they are found.
*There is no section for Silver Key.
|155||*The Clawshot is referred to as the Hook Shot in the section for Lakebed Temple.|
*Claims that Yeto sends Link all over Hyrule in search of ingredients in the section for Snowpeak Ruins.
|156||*Claims that the Hook Shot can be found in the Temple of Wind.|
*The Cobble Kingdom is referred to as Cobbler Kingdom in the section for Mutoh's Temple.
|161||Prismantus is referred to as Prismantis in the section for the Grim Temple.|
|162||Amy's listing mentions Oracle of Ages instead of Oracle of Seasons.|
|164||*The Arrgi listing excludes the Arrgi from A Link to the Past.|
*Bari from Twilight Princess are listed before Bari from Oracle of Ages.
*A Biri is depicted in the Oracle of Ages section for Bari.
*Arrghus from Tri Force Heroes is listed before Arrghus from A Link Between Worlds.
|165||The Beamos listing excludes the Beamos from A Link Between Worlds.|
|167||*A Bari is depicted in the Oracle of Ages section for Biri.|
*There is no section for Blade Trap.
|168||There is no section for Bombarossa.|
|169||Claims that the Boss Bot is a boss in the Great Palace.|
|171||Claims that Color-Changing Gel are exclusive to the Wing Dungeon.|
|173||Red Darknuts from Twilight Princess are listed before Red Darknuts from The Minish Cap.|
|174||Claims that the Death Armos are vulnerable to Link's attacks when flipped.|
|176||There is no section for Face Lamp.|
|177||The Fire Gimos listing excludes the Fire Gimos from Tri Force Heroes.|
|180||Claims that Link is removed from Gerudo's Fortress if caught in the section for Gerudo Guard.|
|181||Claims that Gigabari split into multiple Bari when defeated.|
|182||The Gimos listing excludes the Gimos from Tri Force Heroes.|
|185||The Ice Gimos listing excludes the Ice Gimos from Tri Force Heroes.|
|187||Claims that King Moblin is the boss of the Great Moblin's Keep.|
|191||"See also" is repeated twice in the section for Margaret.|
|193||A Goriya is depicted instead of a Moblin from The Legend of Zelda in the section for Red Moblins.|
|195||The Octomine listing excludes the Octomine from Phantom Hourglass.|
|196||Claims that multiple Blue Orb Monsters appear in the Color Dungeon.|
|198||The Piranha listing also mentions Oracle of Ages.|
|207||The Stone Elevator listing excludes the Stone Elevator from Four Swords Adventures.|
|208||There is no section for Stone Statue.|
|229||Claims that Link can enter the Dark World from any spot by using the Magic Mirror.|
|233||Claims that Crazy Tracy is Syrup's teacher.|
|236||Claims that the Great Deku Tree tells Link of his origins as a Hylian after defeating Gohma.|
|245||Does not mention that Kafei is the son of Madame Aroma and Mayor Dotour.|
|250||*Claims that Crazy Tracy is Syrup's teacher.|
*Does not list Mamamu Yan's mother.
|254||*Claims that Crazy Tracy is Syrup's teacher.|
*Misnames Pippin as Bipin.
*Does not list Mayor Plen's grandmother.
|256||Claims that Link must overcome the Tower of the Gods to wield the Wind Waker (Item).|
|258 & 259||Claims that Tingle was saved by Tetra's Pirate Crew.|
|259||Claims that Baito, Obli, and Willi are Rito.|
|270 & 271||Does not list Strata and Gepper.|
|295||Does not mention that Plats is Bronzi and Silva's brother.|
- The golden cartridge design of the deluxe edition was originally used as a prototype for Hyrule Historia.
- "Publication Date: June 19, 2018" — THE LEGEND OF ZELDA ENCYCLOPEDIA HC, Dark Horse, retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Erscheinungsdatum 18.04.2019" — The Legend of Zelda - Encyclopedia, Thalia, retrieved March 13, 2019.
- "The legend of Zelda: enciclopedia. Un recopilatorio con información detallada sobre el mundo de Link y compañia. A la venta el 5 de abril." — NormaEdManga, n.a., Twitter, published March 9, 2019, retrieved March 11, 2019.
- "Editore: Magazzini Salani (6 settembre 2018)" — The legend of Zelda. Enciclopedia di Hyrule. Il libro ufficiale Nintendo, Amazon.it, retrieved June 24, 2018.
- Brian, Hyrule Encyclopedia revealed as second Zelda 30th anniversary book, Nintendo Everything, published December 17, 2016, retrieved December 17, 2016.
- "Covered in gold foil paper with embossed, debossed and textured features, the deluxe hardcover edition of The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia looks like it came straight out of a large-ish NES console. Rounding out the illusion is a black polypropylene sleeve lined with velvet flocking and a scale instruction booklet, in case you need to remember how to read a book." — Mike Fahey, The Deluxe Edition Zelda Encyclopedia Looks Like An NES Cart, Kotaku, published October 23, 2017, retrieved October 23, 2017.
- "About 5 years separate the prototype on the left from the realized hardcover on the right." — Patrick Thorpe, Hyrule Historia prototype, Twitter, published May 23, 2018, retrieved June 24, 2018.