The Isolated Plateau
|The Isolated Plateau|
|Quest Giver||Old Man|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|"Follow the Sheikah Slate"||"Seek Out Impa"|
Link obtains the quest after descending the Great Plateau Tower, at which point the Old Man glides in on his Paraglider to talk with him. The Old Man tells Link about Calamity Ganon, who is trapped in Hyrule Castle and will soon break out. He asks Link if he will go to the Castle, then tells him that if he wants to leave the Plateau, he will need a Paraglider. He offers Link his Paraglider in exchange for treasure from a location nearby.
|1||After your descent from the tower, the old man told you that the kingdom of Hyrule was destroyed 100 years ago by Calamity Ganon.|
You heard a voice coming from Hyrule Castle, but you cannot reach it unless you leave the plateau using the paraglider.
The old man said that he will give you the paraglider in exchange for a treasure that lies within a hidden location somewhere...
|2||The Old Man explained that there are a total of four Shrines on the plateau. He said that he will give you the Paraglider once you have acquired the Spirit Orb from all the of the Shrines.|
He told you to survey the plateau from the top of the tower to find the remaining shrines. He also pointed out that you can use your Sheikah Slate if you need to travel quickly.
|3||After you acquired the Spirit Orbs from the shrines, the old man told you that he'll be waiting in the place centered amid the four shrines, before mysteriously disappearing...|
|Complete||The old man you were talking to informed you that he was King Rhoam. The voice you heard coming from Hyrule Castle was Princess Zelda.|
The princess is trapped inside the castle, which is shrouded in Malice, fighting against Ganon...
The king's ghost left you with one last directive: rescue Princess Zelda and defeat Ganon. He gave you the paraglider now that his duty is done.
- "The Isolated Plateau" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "That...is Calamity Ganon. One hundred years ago, that vile entity brought the kingdom of Hyrule to ruin." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "For a century, the very symbol of our kingdom, Hyrule Castle, has managed to contain that evil. But just barely. There it festers, building its strength for the moment it will unleash its blight upon the land once again. It would appear that moment is fast approaching..." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I must ask you, courageous one... Do you intend to make your way to the castle?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you were to try to jump off, well... no death could be more certain. Or more foolish. Of course, if you had a paraglider like mine, that would be quite another story." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "Worry not—I will happily agree to give you my paraglider. But not for nothing. Let's see now... How about I trade it for a bit of treasure that slumbers nearby?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)