The Girl in the Green Tunic
|The Girl in the Green Tunic|
|Previous Scenario||Next Scenario|
|"The Sorceress of the Woods"||"Powers Collide"|
"The Girl in the Green Tunic" follows after the events of "The Sorceress of the Woods", beginning with a cutscene in which Linkle awakens in a small village. Responding to a call outside her house, she meets fellow Villagers, who inform her that Hyrule Castle is under attack, referencing the events of "The Invasion Begins" and "The Armies of Ruin". In response, Linkle runs back inside her home to don battle-worthy gear to join the battle in defense of Hyrule, claiming to secretly be a "legendary hero." She holds her "magic" Compass, a gift from her grandmother, as proof before setting off. Approaching a crossroads, Linkle takes the wrong path, leading towards Faron Woods rather than to the Castle in Hyrule Field.
The battle begins with Cuccos aiding Linkle as she aims to assault the Skull Kid's Forces. When she comes within range of him, he teleports away to the Eastern Tree Keep and taunts Linkle. Shortly thereafter, the Skull Kid opens the Eastern Tree Keep, prompting Linkle to advance towards it. However, once she reaches it, the Skull Kid will teleport once more to the North Square Keep, which closes and spawns a Gatekeeper to control the gates to it.
When Linkle reaches the North Square Keep and defeats the Gatekeeper, the Skull Kid disappears, telling her to seek him out if she wants the Compass. After this, several Keeps controlled by the Skull Kid are opened, and his Forces advance to the Allied Base. The Skull Kid hides himself in one of a number of Keeps, appearing once Linkle approaches.
Upon finding the Skull Kid, he will refuse to return the Compass and attack instead. After sustaining enough damage, he will retreat to another Keep, where he will spawn monsters unless intercepted. When confronted, he will flee to the Fairy Fountain. As Linkle enters the Fairy Fountain, her Compass will begin to shine, dazzling the Skull Kid. Defeating him will then allow Linkle to regain her Compass. Once she reclaims it, the Skull Kid will apologize before leaving, allowing Linkle to resume her journey to Hyrule Castle.
Throughout this Scenario, a series of optional Side Missions begin as Cucco Chicks appear, looking for food. Linkle may elect to aid the Cucco Chicks to reach their respective Feeding Grounds. When they reach the Feeding Grounds, they will eat enough to turn into Gold Cuccos and enter the battle. However, on their way to the Feeding Grounds, they may be attacked by hordes of monsters intent on assaulting the Cucco Chicks, forcing Linkle to aid them.
|Linkle's Forces||Skull Kid's Forces|
|West of the Deku Tree||Defeat 1000 enemies|
|West of the North Square Keep||Help all three Cucco Chicks grow into Gold Cuccos|
Piece of Heart
|North Square Keep||Play as Linkle|
|In a recess west of the South Square Keep||Play as Linkle|
- Many of the lines spoken by the Skull Kid in "The Girl in the Green Tunic" are references to the Skull Kid's dialogue in Majora's Mask. These are as follows:
- "Oh, come now... Do you really think you can beat me as I am now? Fool!"
- "What's with that stupid monster?! It's no use at all..."
- "Let's play hide-and-seek! Check every keep if you want to see it again!"
- "Hee, hee! See, more monsters! If you think they can be stopped, then just try to stop them!"
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||The Girl in the Green Tunic|
|Japanese||緑衣の少女 (Midori no Shōjo)||The Green Girl|
|FrenchEU||La fille en vert|
|German||Das Mādchen in Grün|
|Italian||La ragazza vestita di verde|
|SpanishEU||La chica de las ropas verdes|
- "Have you heard? Hyrule Castle is beset by monsters!" — Villager (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Isn't it obvious? I'm joining the battle and stopping those monsters! My grandmother always told me that, secretly, I was the legendary hero!" — Linkle (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "See this compass? My grandma gave this to me. It's a MAGIC compass. Proof! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a castle to protect!" — Linkle (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "In no time at all, she found herself lost in a malevolent forest. An imp in a curious mask appeared out of nowhere and stole Linkle's precious compass. That compass, she knew, was proof of her destiny. She had to get it back!" — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Even the Cuccos are helping! OK, then that means I HAVE to do this!" — Link (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Hey, you! Catch me if you can!" — Skull Kid (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Did you meet the gatekeeper? I guess you'll have to fight him if you want through!" — Skull Kid (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Let's play hide-and-seek! Check every keep if you want to see it again!" — Skull Kid (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "I can't believe how much trouble you're having! Hee hee! Still, I won't give the compass back. Hah!" — Skull Kid (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Hey! The compass is shining! Uh...what's going on?" — Linkle (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "I'm so sorry! I won't cause any more trouble. Honest! Please forgive me!" — Skull Kid (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Oh, come now... Do you really think you can beat me as I am now? Fool!" — Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
- "What's with that stupid horse of yours?! It doesn't listen to a word that's said to it..." — Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
- "Hide-and-seek...Let's play." — Moon Child (Majora's Mask)
- "If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it!" — Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)