Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Pegasus Boots are most extensively used
Malon is waiting in the rain near the entrance to the area. She says the soldiers began moving and firing cannons and now she can't make it home. Malon trusts Link after seeing him speak to a Green Fairy. She has been told that good boys and girls meet fairies. The Links must take up the task to escort her back to Lon Lon Ranch. Malon only has one heart of health, should she lose it, all the Links die as well. The Links must safely take her through the cannon bombardment and a grassy area filled with hidden Archers. Once the Links return her safely to the ranch, she admits that at first she was not sure she could count on them, but soon realized her mistake and acknowledges the Links as "real heroes." For her safe return, Talon, her father, allows the Links to use the horses of Lon Lon Ranch. Talon is grateful for the arrival of heroes as he claims they are "so scared they sit at home and stare at walls".
The Lon Lon Ranch area has the traditional low fences for presumably horseback riding. The horses make quick work of the many guards attacking the Links throughout the tree lined course.
Further into the area exists a wider open field. A home in the western section of the area seems to house two men worried about the many Gohmas outside. The younger one gives the Links his shed key in exchange for an agreement to use something and slay the Gohmas. The older man instructs the Links that a better tool, the bow, can be found where his ancestors are buried. After the Gohmas are slayed the resident offers a shovel and advice on finding his hidden passage.
|Items Obtained in this Area|
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The first 1,000 point Force Gem shows up near the end of the level.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Die Ebene||The Plain|
|Italian||La Piana||The Plains|
- "I was coming home after running errends but...I couldn't get back. I mean, it started raining and the castle guards were moving all the cannons... The cannons are really old and they're not meant to be used... It was really weird." — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "The soldiers in the castle were behaving so oddly, and I couldn't get past them. They were moving the old cannons around...and they even aimed their bows at me!" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "Um, excuse me... Were you just talking to...a green fairy? I saw it! There was a beautiful fairy fluttering around you!" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "Say, if you're all going on ahead, take me with you! You're friends with the green fairy, so of course it's OK, right?" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "Amazing! What Poppa told me really is true! He said that good boys and girls get to meet fairies!" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "I hate to admit it, but at first, I wasn't sure I could really count on you guys. But it turns out, you guys are the best! You're real heroes!" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "I'd love to give you a token of my gratitude! Hmmm...let's see... I've got it! If you're going to continue your trip, you should go on horseback!" — Talon (Four Swords Adventures)