Temple of Time (Dungeon)
|Temple of Time|
|Main Item||Dominion Rod|
|Quest Reward(s)||Mirror Shard|
Entrance to the Temple
Link must first travel to the Sacred Grove and return the Master Sword to it's pedestal, thus revealing the door to the past. Entering the door brings Link to the past where he can again drive the Master Sword into its pedestal, creating stairs leading to the Dungeon.
The Dungeon has eight floors, which lead upward like a tower, and also contains many large, mosaic windows on its upper floors, allowing the light from the outside to shine through. However, despite seemingly being a peaceful setting, the Temple of Time is inhabited by a large number of enemies, including Lizalfos and Beamos. Many of the statue enemies, like the Beamos and Blade Traps, are designed in a more sleek and elegant appearance, similar to the look of the Temple of Time. Upon reaching the eighth floor of the Dungeon, Link enters combat with the Middle Boss of the dungeon, a Darknut. After defeating the armored foe, he is rewarded with a sacred rod known as the Dominion Rod. The Dominion Rod holds the power to animate and move certain objects, such as statues. Link uses the item to control a large statue, equipped with a Hammer, which he uses to solve many of the puzzles throughout the Dungeon and obtain the Big Key. Making his way back to the entrance to the Temple of Time, Link places the statue in its original position opposite of its counterpart, which reveals a pathway to the Boss chamber.
The Boss of the Dungeon is known as Armogohma, and is defeated with the use of the Dominion Rod and the large statues surrounding the chamber. Upon defeating it, Link is rewarded with the third shard of the Mirror of Twilight and a Heart Container.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The Tower of the Gods from The Wind Waker has many similarities to this Dungeon, such as both being towers, similar music, statues which can be controlled, numerous Beamos and Armos, a Darknut Sub-Boss and a room in each temple with a balance scale that requires the weight of statues to manipulate.
- The music in the Dungeon is a remix of the Dig Cavern/Inside the Deku Tree music from Ocarina of Time.[verification needed]
- A symbol that bears resemblance with the Light Medallion from Ocarina of Time can be found inside the dungeon.
The scale found in the Dungeon showing a symbol resembling the Light Medallion
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 155
- "Link... Don't you think there's something odd about that statue? In the grove and in the temple entry, there were always matching ones on each side, but there's only one here... Why don't you use your senses to take a look around? I knew it... There was one more here originally." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "We need to find the other statue in this temple that matches that one." — Midna (Twilight Princess)