Temple of Light
|Temple of Light|
Chamber of Sages
The Temple of Light became the resting place of the Triforce during the Era of Chaos. It is the only known elemental temple that is not located directly within Hyrule. Instead, it lies in the center of the Sacred Realm. It can be accessed only through the chamber of the Master Sword inside the Temple of Time. By withdrawing the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time, a portal opens to the Sacred Realm, which leads to the Temple of Light.
Chamber of Sages
- Main article: Chamber of Sages
Ocarina of Time
After Link withdraws the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time, his spirit is sealed away in the Chamber of Sages due to him being too young to bear the title of the "Hero of Time". Since Link's action opened the gate to the Sacred Realm, Ganondorf took this opportunity to gain access to the Sacred Realm, eventually reaching the Temple of Light and taking the Triforce for himself. While the Sacred Realm transformed into the Dark World, Rauru used his powers to keep the Chamber of Sages intact.
Seven years pass, and Rauru, the Sage of Light, awakens Link in the Chamber of Sages now that he is old enough to be considered the Hero of Time. Rauru explains Link's fate and grants him the Light Medallion to add to his power, sending off the young hero to awaken the other five Sages so that they may add their might to Link and aid him on his quest to save Hyrule from Ganondorf's rule.
Though Link is not able to visit the Temple of Light on his own, he is always warped to the Chamber of Sages every time he awakens a Sage. Here, the Sage bestows their powers to Link in form of a Medallion before returning to Hyrule again.
At the end of the game, after Link gives the final strike to Ganon and Princess Zelda calls upon the power of the Sages to seal Ganondorf away, Rauru and the other five Sages appear inside the Chamber of Sages to send the King of Evil into the void of the Evil Realm.
A Link Between Worlds
Link visits the Chamber of Sages after rescuing each of the seven Sages from the Paintings that Yuga used to trap them. Once all seven Sages are present, they reveal the Triforce of Courage to Link and create a staircase inside the chamber so that he can reach it. The Sages remain in the Chamber of Sages until the Triforce is returned to Hyrule.
The platforms the Sages stand upon spell "courage" in Hylian.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Temple of Light||Chamber of Sages|
|Japanese||光の神殿 (Hikari no Shinden)||賢者の間 (Kenja no Ma)|
|French||Temple de la Lumière||Sanctuaire des Sages|
|German||Tempel des Lichts||Halle der Weisen|
|Italian||Tempio della Luce||Sala dei Saggi|
|Portuguese||Templo da Luz||Sala dos Sabios|
|Spanish||Templo de Luz|
|SpanishLA||Templo de la Luz (OoT3D)||Sala de los Sabios (OoT3D)|
- "The Triforce was placed in the Temple of Light, located in the Sacred Realm, which was now isolated from Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
- "But, remember... Though you opened the Door of Time in the name of peace... Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves, used it to enter this forbidden Sacred Realm! He obtained the Triforce from the Temple of Light, and with its power, he became the King of Evil..." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time--was the final key to the Sacred Realm." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Rauru then secluded himself in the Sacred Realm in the Chamber of Sages along with the Triforce." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 25(OoT))
- "The Master Sword is a sacred blade which evil ones may never touch... Only one worthy of the title of "Hero of Time" can pull it from the Pedestal of Time.... However, you were too young to be the Hero of Time... Therefore, your spirit was sealed here for seven years. And now that you are old enough, the time has come for you to awaken as the Hero of Time!" — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart... the heart of one who enters it... If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "My power now has only little influence, even in this Sacred Realm... Namely, this Chamber of Sages." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "I, Rauru, am one of the Sages... And... Your power to fight together with the Sages makes you the Hero of Time! The Hero of Time, chosen by the Master Sword! Keep my spirit with you... And, find the power of the other Sages and add their might to your own!" — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Ancient Creators of Hyrule! Now, open the sealed door and send the Evil Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil Realm!!" — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)