Telma's Bar is a location in Twilight Princess. It is a tavern in Hyrule Castle Town owned by Telma, a brave and kind-hearted woman who plays a key role as she helps Link and Ilia throughout the young hero's quest.
Features and Overview
Telma's Bar is a small, out-of-the-way hangout located down the southernmost alleyway of the Hyrule Castle Town South Road. It is reputed to be popular amongst soldiers and traveling swordsmen alike. A passageway that leads to the Castle Town Sewers can be accessed from the bar as well. Telma's Bar is also the main hangout for The Resistance, a cadre of vigilantes working to restore peace to Hyrule.
Link first visits Telma's Bar while the Lanayru Province is covered in Twilight. Here, he finds that Ilia has been staying with Telma after King Bulblin kidnapped her from the Ordona Province, and has been caring for the injured Ralis, whom she found collapsed in the road and brought to the bar. After returning light to the area, Link arrives at the bar just in time to witness the town doctor refusing to treat Prince Ralis, saying that Zoras are beyond his expertise. Just then, Telma is reminded of a shaman in Kakariko Village who has treated both Zoras and Gorons, and after the Hylian Soldiers cowardly refuse to escort them to the Eldin Province, Telma notices that Link is up to the task. Although Link tries to talk to Ilia in the bar, Telma informs him that the young girl has lost her memory.
If Link enters the bar after taking Telma, Ilia, and Prince Ralis to Kakariko Village, the Resistance will be found inside, but will treat him harshly. After Zant steals the Fused Shadows and curses both Link and Midna, the young hero must traverse the loft of the bar as a wolf in order to access the Castle Town Sewers and reach Princess Zelda to save the dying Midna, where he will be able to overhear the Resistance talking about Link and considering apologizing for their previous behavior. Should Link try to enter the main floor of the bar as a wolf, he will be promptly kicked out by the Goron inside.
Once Link withdraws the Master Sword from the Sacred Grove, Telma returns to her bar and sends Link a letter informing him that her friends have arrived. Here, the members of the Resistance will properly introduce themselves and apologize for their earlier behavior. Each of them will help him locate a different piece of the Mirror of Twilight, and the young hero will be able to return to the bar at any time to receive clues from them as to where to go next to find the missing Mirror Shards.
Later on in the game, Link must once again return to the bar and show Telma Renado's letter, which details how to help recover Ilia's memory. After reading the letter, Telma gives the Invoice to Link, instructing him to give it to Dr. Borville.
The bar is last seen during the ending credits, where the Soldiers celebrate the return of peace to Hyrule.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Taverne de Telma|
|SpanishEU||Tasca de Telma|
- "Link, I want to see you again at my bar, you hear me?" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "If you want to get to the bar, use the southern thoroughfare. Swordsmen like yourself tend to gather there." — Cafe Bar lady (Twilight Princess)
- "Phew... I'm gonna go put my feet up at Telma's bar when I'm done with work." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "There's a passageway that leads to the castle from in there, as well." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "What hope there is in our kingdom is frail and dying...but there's still a group trying to do what it can. And I'm a member of that group. Call me Telma. I may just stay here a bit longer. I'm still worried about Ilia, and... Well, never mind about the rest. Link, I want to see you again at my bar, you hear me? The bar is actually a kind of safe house for my friends." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "You know that girl, don't you? It's a real shame... She can't even remember her own name right now. Bless her heart... She found this poor boy collapsed in the road, so she did all she could to save him." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "That is a Zora child! This is beyond my expertise! Hmmmph!" — Doctor Borville (Twilight Princess)
- "That old coot reminded me, though... I've heard of a shaman in Kakariko Village, in the Eldin lands, who's tended Gorons and Zoras." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "Looks like we've got one young swordsman left! And not only that, but it looks like this brave young man will escort us, so get ready to go, honey. Pronto!" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "...Are you an actor or something? Dressing like the legendary hero... Wow, gutsy. If you want to get stared at, why not just join the circus or something?" — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh... Are you a customer? The proprietress is out, so the bar is closed... Did you not see the sign outside? Would you mind leaving for now?" — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- "I suppose I should apologize when I see him next... I'd hate for him to resort to fisticuffs or some such!" — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "...Sorry about the ribbing I gave you the other day, old boy. This town is rather teeming with odd sorts, so I was just being careful..." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "...Listen, sorry I was so nasty the other day. I thought you were like those sorry excuses for Hyrule soldiers...but I thought wrong..." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)