|Pronunciation||/ˈtɛk.taɪt/ TEK-tyt |
Green Rupee (Series)
Blue Rupee (Series)
- 1 Characteristics
- 1.1 The Legend of Zelda
- 1.2 The Adventure of Link
- 1.3 A Link to the Past
- 1.4 Link's Awakening
- 1.5 Ocarina of Time
- 1.6 Majora's Mask
- 1.7 Oracle of Seasons
- 1.8 Oracle of Ages
- 1.9 Four Swords
- 1.10 Four Swords Adventures
- 1.11 The Minish Cap
- 1.12 Twilight Princess
- 1.13 Phantom Hourglass
- 1.14 Spirit Tracks
- 1.15 A Link Between Worlds
- 1.16 Tri Force Heroes
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See Also
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
Tektites are jumping, one-eyed mites or spider-like creatures in all aspects pertaining to appearance and behavior, changing little between games. Due to their carapaces and spindly legs, some iterations of Tektites closely resemble the Japanese spider crab. These foes tend to appear in small groups, and have the tendency to leap around the landscape. These creatures normally inhabit mountainous areas, Dungeons, and sometimes lakes. Despite their wide range of mobility and adaptability to various surroundings, they are usually fragile enemies that can be defeated with one or two Sword attacks. Projectile weapons, such as the Slingshot, Bow, or Hookshot, are also useful, especially for defeating Tektites that may be out of reach. Some incarnations are able to skim and leap across the surface of water like pond skaters. Tektites typically come in two colored varieties; red or orange Tektites and blue Tektites. These colors are often used to signify their strengths and behavior.
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Manual Comment
Tektites in The Legend of Zelda can jump and scale normally impassable mountain walls. They come in a red and a blue variety, with the red variety leaping around more frequently than the blue. When defeated, red Tektites may drop either a Heart, a Fairy, or one Rupee, while blue Tektites may drop either a Heart, one Rupee, five Rupees, or a Clock.[note 1]
The Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Tektites in Ocarina of Time are able to skim the surface of water, and can be found at Lake Hylia and Zora's River, as well as within the Water Temple. They are immune to Din's Fire, though the Megaton Hammer is able to flip them over.
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
|Tektite (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|Appears on Mount Crenel, etc. They move by jumping long distances. Their movement can be unpredictable, so attack them when they are still.|
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
Cadence of Hyrule
- In the entire Overworld of The Minish Cap, there is only one blue Tektite.
- As both have the same amount of health, the same vulnerabilities, and the same movement patterns including floating on water, red and blue Tektites in Twilight Princess appear to be a rare case of purely cosmetic variants of an enemy.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Tektite||Red Tektite||Blue Tektite||Water Tektite||Golden Tektite|
ホバー (OoS | OoA)
|French||Tektite/Araknon||Araknon Rouge||Araknon Bleu||Araknon d'Or|
|FrenchCA||Araknon (OoT3D | MM3D)||Araknon rouge (OoT3D)||Araknon bleu (OoT3D | MM3D)|
|German||Arachno||Roter Arachno||Blauer Arachno||Goldener Arachno|
|Tektite rosso||Tektite blu||Tektite acquatico||Tektite dorato|
|SpanishLA||Tektite (OoT3D | MM3D)||Tektite rojo (OoT3D)||Tektite azul (OoT3D | MM3D)|
- If Link defeats 10 enemies without getting hit or teleporting with the Recorder, then the 10th enemy defeated will drop five Rupees. However, if the 10th enemy is defeated with a Bomb, then it will drop four Bombs. If Link defeats 16 enemies without getting hit or teleporting, then the 16th enemy will drop a Fairy. After the 16th enemy, Link must get hit and reset the counter to zero in order to achieve this effect again. Defeating Armos, Like Likes, Keese, or Gels will not be counted.
- "Octoroks, Tektites / Leevers too" — The Legend of Zelda US rap commercial, YouTube, retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Tektites!" — The Legend of Zelda US commercial, YouTube, retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Tektite" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 119 (TLoZ), 128 (TAoL), 177 (OoT3D) & 290 (TPHD))
- "TEKTITE" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 390 (ALttP&FS))
- n.a., Forced Drops, redcandle.us, published n.d., retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "It's an underground entrance. We're being attacked!" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 6 )