Tarrey Town is a location in Breath of the Wild.
Features and Overview
Tarrey Town is an initially-uninhabited circular rocky island in the middle of the northern section of Lake Akkala in the Akkala Highlands, connected to the mainland only by a rock arch functioning as a bridge. The only point of interest at this point in time is a lone Goddess Statue in the center.
After Link purchases an abandoned house in Hateno Village from Bolson in the "Hylian Homeowner" Side Quest, Bolson sends the veteran carpenter, Hudson, to Lake Akkala to clear land as part of a business expansion for Bolson Construction. Once Link wishes Hudson good luck, Hudson will begin the long journey to the Akkala Region, which begins the "From the Ground Up" Side Quest. If Link visits Hudson on the small island, Hudson will reveal he plans to build a village from the ground up and that he has named it Tarrey Town. However, with only a house built to store the supplies, Hudson feels there isn't enough in the Town. If Link decides to help Hudson, Hudson will first ask for more bundles of Wood to build another house. Over the course of the Side Quest, Hudson will ask for Link to recruit new employees into Bolson Construction to assist with preparing and operating the town. Due to Bolson Construction policy, all new employees must have names that end with "-son".
- Greyson and Pelison, Goron brothers from the Southern Mine in the Eldin Canyon, are the first new employees to join. Greyson mines precious ores and helps clear the surface of the Tarrey Town of rocks, while his younger brother Pelison operates a store selling the ores.
- Rhondson, a Gerudo woman from the Kara Kara Bazaar in the Gerudo Desert, is the third employee to join. She is a seamstress who makes and sells the Desert Voe Set.
- Fyson, a Rito from Rito Village in the Tabantha Frontier, is the fourth employee to join. He operates Tarrey Town's general store.
- Kapson, a Zora priest from Zora's Domain, is the fifth employee to join. In addition to operating the Inn, he is also granted the authority to officiate marriages between Bolson Construction employees as long as they name all their children names that end with "-son".
Non-employees Granté, Hagie, Hunnie, Moggs, Monari and Ruli also move to Tarrey Town. Bolson and Karson of Bolson Construction do not move to Tarrey Town, but visit for Hudson's wedding to Rhondson before returning to Hateno.
When the town is complete, it contains six houses, all built in Bolson Construction's signature style of brightly-colorful cubic modules arranged and stacked to create different shapes of homes. All houses ring the central square in a hexagonal arrangement similarly to a cul-de-sac, with the backs of each house against the outer edge of the island. The center of the square has a fountain and the Goddess Statue is moved to the fountain's centerpiece.
Ore and More
- Main article: Ore and More
Rhondson Armor Boutique
- Main article: Rhondson Armor Boutique
Slippery Falcon (Tarrey Town Branch)
- Main article: Slippery Falcon (Tarrey Town Branch)
|Names in Other Regions|
- It has been confirmed that Tarrey Town's Goddess Statue is present at the town's site even if Link has never interacted with Bolson and his workers over at Hateno Village.
- "Thanks for the sweet investment. Spending so much money on ANYTHING at your age... It's just so...studly! There's a weapon mount in there that never sold... Consider it a housewarming gift. Hope you get some use out of it. So...next-job time, baby! What'd I have lined up again? Oh, yeah, that's what's next. I was going to send Hudson up Akkala way to clear some land!" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yup... Business expansion, y'know. I'll probably have him head out soon. If you want to say anything to Hudson, better catch him before he leaves." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Since I've been transferred here, I've decided to build a village from scratch. Every village needs a name, though. I think I'll call it...Tarrey Town." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "I built a house to store the village supplies in, but there just isn't enough..." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Enough what?] Enough anything... People... Money... Stuff..." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well...I suppose to get started, we'll need houses for people to live in. We can't invite them until we have homes. Do you think you can bring me 10 bundles of wood?" — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yeah, in accordance with the official Bolson Construction policy, that someone's name must end in "son." If you run into anyone that fits with what I've said, send them here to Tarrey Town for me." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)