The Talus Peaks are a mountain range found in northeastern Labrynna, in Oracle of Ages.
Link changing the flow of water on Talus Peaks
The Talus Peaks are the largest geographical area in all of Labrynna. Although present in both time eras of the story, Talus Peaks is shown to be receded in the present age; much of the eastern face of past era's Talus Peaks is simply Nuun Highlands in the present era. Traversing the mountain range requires constant time-warping even after short distances, since the landscape shuffles inaccessible points between the two time periods. Symmetry Village, home to the Skull Dungeon, is nestled into the Talus Peaks. Talus Peaks can be accessed from the foothills west of Lynna City, or by crossing the bridge from the Nuun Highlands once it has been built. The Restoration Wall, home to Patch, is also found within the mountain range. Darknuts, Leevers, River Zoras, Moblins and Tektites are all enemies that can be found along the mountain range.
The Talus Lake, found at the very top of the mountains, is the area's only notable landmark. Water can be seen cascading from the Talus Lake, forming pools at various points further down the mountain, finally flowing into one larger pool near the base of the peaks. In the past, there exists a device partway down the mountain that allows Link to direct the flow of the water towards the left or the right, allowing him to navigate the peaks.
The only inhabitant of Talus Peaks is Tokkey, a man who is researching a tune that moves time forward. His home is found inside a secret grotto, which Link can access by diving into the Talus Lake and swimming under a rock wall underwater.
- Despite the abundant source of water, the Talus Peaks are practically devoid of vegetation.
- In the past, a citizen of Symmetry Village reports hearing music flowing down from the mountaintops, which in fact comes from Tokkey.
| Names in Other Regions
The Talus Peaks in the past
- ↑ "Time's flow can change the land." — Owl Statue on Talus Peaks (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "I am Tokkey. I research time. After many years of research, I'm one step away from perfecting a tune that lets one move forward in time, but it seems I've hit a roadblock. "Echoes produce waves..." What could it mean?" — Tokkey (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "Sometimes I hear music flowing down from the mountaintop, but I wonder why." — Symmetry Village Citizen (Oracle of Ages)