Can we start a trend here?
- No, because 'Yuganon' is a fan name. There technically is no official name for 'Yuga Ganon' other than what the Prima guide calls him, which is the next best thing should an official name not exist. - Midoro (T C) 01:23, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
- Videos that fans upload to YouTube do not qualify as official. Being both a fan name and a fusion name also does not qualify as being official, that was only brought up to explain that there is no difference between a fan name and a "fusion name".
- Nintendo itself must produce or license the name for it to be official, but please refer to the terminology guidelines that I linked above if you have any more questions. TriforceTony (talk) 07:01, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
- TriforceTony beat me to the explanation. My earlier comment simply meant that "Actually, Yuganon is not a fan name" is untrue. Htwretched (talk) 07:14, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
Yuga Ganon and ALttP
My edit to the page reflects both the canon of the Imprisoning War and the later inclusion of the Legend of the Sacred Triangle from Ocarina on. Nowhere in the canon of the Imprisoning War does it ever state the Triforce DID NOT split up into its three constituent pieces. My theory is this: Ganondorf makes his wish, Triforce splits. Ganon invades Hyrule to acquire the other two pieces. For sake of argument, he succeeds and acquires the full Triforce during the course of the Imprisoning War, killing the two chosen by destiny (whatever incarnations of Link and Zelda were alive at the time), but not knowing that both had descendents to carry on the bloodline. Ganon then wields the Triforce in the final battle, but despite that power, is sealed away for untold centuries until the time of ALttP. Events of ALttP happen and Ganon is slain. Then Yuga resurrects ALttP Ganon and merges with him, almost gaining the full Triforce of Hyrule.
- Theorizing and speculation are not allowed on the wiki so regardless of what your theory is, the trivia you are trying to add cannot be included unless it can be proven. Saying that nothing says the Triforce didn't split doesn't mean we can write about the implications of if it did. Also, it should be noted that Hyrule Historia clearly states that he obtains the full Triforce after Link's defeat in Ocarina of Time, which was after he already split the Triforce.
- "At last, Ganondorf found himself in the possession of the Triforce of Wisdom that dwelt within Princess Zelda, and the Triforce of Courage that dwelt in Link. His true power achieved, he transformed into the Demon King. The Seven Sages of Hyrule, led by Princess Zelda, sealed Ganon and the Triforce in the Sacred Realm as a final resort." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 92)
- The transformation of the Sacred Realm to Dark World occurred after being sealed and the Imprisoning War happened later to stop people entering the then corrupted Sacred Realm. User:Link Lab/sig 15:53, 23 May 2018 (UTC)