Talk:Wind Waker (Item)
Yeah, the game is "The Wind Waker" but the item is just "Wind Waker". An unnecessary word.User:Matt/sig 05:08, October 21, 2008 (UTC)
Yeah but at the moment there is only one. One could say that it's the Wind Waker. If there were many of these one could say "pass me that wind waker" but since there's only one then I believe it should stay.--Green 05:12, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- True. But the problem is that words like "the" are not supposed to be in the title unless it is really part of the name. Since it is not part of the name. It is not encyclopedic to have it remain as it is.User:Matt/sig 05:20, October 21, 2008 (UTC)
P.S. Just ask and I'll rant about how dumb the people at Wikipedia are about page titles. I could go on for hours about how idiotic they are!
Yes, but to preserve the page history, an admin has to move it. I just got that lovely message when I just tried to move it.
A page of that name already exists, or the name you have chosen is not valid. Please choose another name.
Isn't that nice? ;P There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what pages I can and cannot move.User:Matt/sig 06:30, October 23, 2008 (UTC)
- Ah yes, I missed that bit above XP...
- I can see how that would get annoying... --Felicia's Champion 06:32, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- You COULD always do what I do...manually cut out everything on this page, paste it on the Wind Waker page, then move the disambiguation here...? I got used to it ages back, so it's what I always do... --Felicia's Champion 06:35, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah we could do that. But I prefer to maintain the edit history. The pages I moved the other day, many of them were no different from this one in situation, but I was able to move them. It is almost like that each page has a hidden setting that once a page is created, it is randomly determined if a non-sysop can move the page there! *sarcasm* User:Matt/sig 06:50, October 23, 2008 (UTC)
As most people that search for Wind Waker, want the game and not the item wouldn't it not be better to have a disambiguation page? Nictel 13:02, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- There is one. The Wind Waker.User:Matt/sig 00:18, November 13, 2008 (UTC)
- I have moved the page to "Wind Waker (Instrument)," and now Wind Waker will redirect to The Wind Waker, and the disambiguation page links to Wind Waker (Instrument). —Naokohiro (Talk) 02:41, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- "(Item)" was used with the Ocarina of Time article, so it seemed better suited with this article. Thus, I am renaming/redirecting it... —Naokohiro (Talk) 02:57, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- That was my original suggestion. So it works.User:Matt/sig 03:33, November 20, 2008 (UTC)