Please take a moment to fill out this survey on your gaming habits!
Talk:Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love Translations
What is meant by "Literal Translation"? For example, using an online translating site, "さて やぐらの たかさは なんタカーサ でしょう？"translates into "What would be the height of the tower Takasa now?". Is the literal translation that, or is it a real translation done by someone who speaks both languages? —Darkness(Talk) 00:55, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- This is actually kinda embarrassing. I tried to translate this with a software that took text off the emulator and translated it, but...it was pretty dumb. As far as the translation for the chapter, that was done by a Japanese speaking friend. I kinda gave up on this stuff when I realized how horribly impossible it would be to translate every single bit of the game.User:Justin/sig 00:59, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- Let me get this straight: The Literal Translation column was translated by a person. The intro was also translated by a person. Or was the Literal Translation column done by a software and the intro done by a person..? If the Literal Translation column was done on an online translating site or a software, why can't we go ahead and translate the text we have so far?
- Also, the intro is it's English text placed randomly between Japanese text, which makes no sense. Unless the intro is in two languages, which isn't likely. Should I split it up so that the entire Japanese intro comes first and the English second? —Darkness(Talk) 17:33, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- Nope, literal translations were done by a text translator that's about as reliable as the weatherman.
- As for the chapter translation, the English text is a description of what's going on. I don't know what to do with this, so you do whatever you feel necessary. TLBT is pretty neglected, so I'm willing to try anything.User:Justin/sig 18:11, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
Online translation sites aren't reliable at all; eee if you can understand the introduction.
However, I put one translation taken from Google Translate under the Literal Translations section; "What would be the height of the tower Takasa now?". Based on the fact that "What Kono Kinoe lick the station?"is a literal translation, I decided it would be fine to add it, however, feel free to change it back. —Darkness(Talk) 18:52, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
This page seems to be being used completely differently to all the other "Translations" pages. I know it is because the game is exclusively in Japanese, but I really don't think it is necessary to list every piece of text in the game and translate it here. All the other translations pages translate individual things, not entire slabs of text. Since the game was only released in Japanese, I do see the issue since the pages would already be at the translated titles anyway, but it is incredibly confusing to establish a standard of what a type of page does then throw it out the window for a single one of them. --SnorlaxMonster 18:16, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
ABOUT THIS PAGE
Okay, guys, this page was entirely my (disastrous) handiwork. If you want to work on it, do whatever you like. You don't have to post here about it. I don't care, and trust me, no one else does, either. It's up to you to do whatever you think is best. I'm positive someone else can do better than I did, so feel free to tear into it and do whatever you like.User:Justin/sig 18:55, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- Are these translations anywhere else on the net at the moment? It would be a shame to see them thrown out if this is the only notable source for this. Perhaps this could just be moved to a separate page or subpage in the meantime. ※Fizzle (talk) 19:40, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- As far as I know, there's no other translations...I'm not opposed to keeping them, especially since I got a NIWA guy to spend 30 minutes working on translating it.User:Justin/sig 20:04, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- This is a small table that I'm working on, please add more characters and translations!