Article too broad?
Does anybody else think this article contains a bit too much? The Deku Palace and Woodfall, for example, are sizeable and important enough that I think separate articles for them would be appropriate. I mean, there are separate articles for the Lost Woods and Kokiri Forest, right? I propose this be split into four articles: Southern Swamp, the Deku Palace, Woodfall, and the Woods of Mystery; those were the four major locations in the Southern Swamp arc of the game, and I think they shouldn't be lumped into a single article. After all, Southern Swamp is referred to in-game as "the swamp at Woodfall," not the other way around.
I mean, think of it. Woodfall is a mountain with its own history, enemies, a temple, relations to Hyrule, everything. The Deku Palace is practically the "Deku Village" in terms of how it behaves in the level, and holds all the key Deku characters except for the princess and the Deku Butler's son. The Woods of Mystery isn't as radically different from the rest of the swamp, but for some reason that I can't seem to find words to explain right now, it feels like it should have a separate article too.
- If there's anything that should be separated to its own article, is the Deku Palace. I mean, honestly, there isn't really too much to talk about in the Woodfall section. Maybe some other people can actually think of more stuff to write, but as of now, it's too short to deserve its own page (same thing with the Woods of Mystery and the Snowhead section of the Snowhead article). And as for Snowhead, same thing: only the Goron Village should be split into its own page. Dany36 14:44, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well, at least as much could be written as the Swamp Spider House.Dreyfus 16:12, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Ohhh, never mind...I finally figured out how to edit the redirect itself instead of asking an admin to do it, haha. Soooo if no one else has any objections, then the Deku Palace and Woodfall will be made into their own pages, with adding a link here to its respective article. :D Dany36 17:37, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Moving this page to Woodfall
Alright, let's see if I can actually make some sense. When people think of the four main areas of Majora's Mask, they think Woodfall, Snowhead, Great Bay, and Ikana Canyon. As you can see, Snowhead, Great Bay, and the Ikana Canyon page all deal with talking about the main aspects and locations of that region; however, this page doesn't. Southern Swamp is not the "main" name of the area: Woodfall is. So, if I explained myself correctly, it's not correct to think of Southern Swamp as the true "southern region of Termina." It would be better to label it Woodfall instead. Dany36 14:53, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- The official guide for Majora's Mask labels the southern region as Southern Swamp, but it also labels the northern region as the Northern Mountains, with the Western Ocean and the Eastern Canyon done in similar manner. I'd agree with you about Woodfall, but the swamp labelled "Southern Swamp" in the game really does contain a big chunk of the action--that was my reasoning for splitting Woodfall from it, anyway, as opposed to switching the title. Though on the other hand, I think of Ikana Valley, not Ikana Canyon; but that issue is for the canyon's article, I suppose. In any case, if Southern Swamp were given its own chunk of the article with the whole single-equal sign and all, I think there should be no problem changing the name.Dreyfus 16:12, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hmmmm...makes sense. Then I guess it should stay as Southern Swamp. ;) Dany36 17:32, 9 July 2009 (UTC)