ok, I don't have time to finish this at the moment, but anyone willing may add in additional info to help people that searched for "Shop" find what they were looking for. Sorry, but I gotta eat and get stuff done around the house. Axiomist (talk) 00:41, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- Looks fine to me. What's wrong with it?—Justin(Talk) 04:28, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- That tone isn't needed, tho not prohibited here if rarely used. Back buttons usually go back to the page with your work on it, from there you can simply copy paste everything back. Edit conflicts happen to all of us :P. Axiomist (talk) 20:26, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
It seems this page is getting rather large and confusing, and I think it could be a lot better if something were to be done to it. I propose that we either:
- Keep the page but arrange the shops into sections by the game that they appear in.
- Create a page similar to the Water Dungeon page, also arranging the shops by the game that they appear in.
I just feel that there is too much information on this page to leave it as it is (and not all of the shops in the series are actually listed here).
Additionally, although not necessary, I also feel that the creation of page similar to the Dungeon or Puzzle page explaining the role of shops, recurring types of shop, how they have evolved throughout the series etc. would also be a good idea. I'd like to hear other thoughts on this topic. Dannyboy601Talk 12:04, 22 May 2012 (EDT)
- I really like that idea. Shops are an integral gameplay element of the series, just like dungeons, puzzles, bosses, etc. There's really not much point to this page as it is since we already have Category:Shops. — Hylian King [*] 07:31, 23 May 2012 (EDT)
This page needs images. I was going to go ahead and add them, but I have no idea what images would be best to add. And how many? If no one goes ahead and comments here, I'm going to add an image of Malo Mart and an image of the Curiosity Shop. Or maybe instead of Malo Mart, add an image of the Goron Shop? —Darkness(Talk) 01:33, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
Umm... I guess I'll add a gallery then. That's what was done on the Ocean page, and the pages are pretty similar anyway. Of course, I shouldn't add every image of every shop, right? —Darkness(Talk) 16:55, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- Well the idea is to place images in a way that it makes the article look good. Sometimes when the paragraphs are too small it looks messy when you put an image there, which is why they get put in the gallery instead.
- And no, but now that I think about it, a gallery page for shops, "Gallery:Shops", might be a cool idea. — Hylian King [*] 17:31, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- Ok. I will work on the page in my sandbox, wait until I'm pretty sure I have images of most shops, then see if it looks ok. —Darkness(Talk) 19:10, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- I have the page, but I definitely made too many mistakes. The gallery isn't appearing, the images aren't appearing, the captions aren't appearing, and, worst of all, there is only 1 image per row. The entire page format and code isn't stored on Zelda Wiki, so it's not in my sandbox now. I tried transferring it, but the errors described above keep happening. —Darkness(Talk) 19:59, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- If you can't figure it out, post it in a sandbox or something and I can take a crack at it. That always was my expertise ;)—Justin(Talk) 20:04, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- I don't, really, but thanks for the offer. Anyway, I was typing it up and accidentally described the Curiosity Shop in Majora's Mask like so: The Curiosity Shop, a shop specializing in selling frozen gods. —Darkness(Talk) 01:19, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind about that. I'm done. How should I create the gallery page and does anyone want to go over the page I made?—Darkness(Talk) 23:06, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- I looked it over and it looks good! No errors or anything in your coding and everything seens to look nice without too much clutter. I'd only recommend getting a picture of the inside of a shop from LoZ, but don't let that stop you from making the page now.—Justin(Talk) 23:38, 2 December 2012 (UTC)