Should we combine this page with Roc's Cape, or should we keep them both seperate? I mean, the Ring Boxes are all one page and they're just upgraded versions of each other. Yuvorias, 6:29, 28 February EST (talk)
- Sure, makes sense to me. If you wanna do it, go on ahead; I'll do it otherwise. --Ando (Talk) 08:05, 28 February 2008 (EST)
You go ahead and do it-- I still gotta learn how to merge pages properly. The best I could do would be copy and past all data from that page into another little section below the feather, but I think there's an official way, isn't there? --Yuvorias, 12:59, 29 February EST ( talk)
- No, that's actually how you do it. :P Copy one page's content over to the other page, maybe rewrite it a little bit, and have the page that you copied over redirect to the new merged page. So, in order:
- And... that's it. That's all there is to it. There's no "Merge" button or anything. I'll go ahead and do it anyway, just 'cause I'm here. But yeah, it's something to keep in mind next time. ;) --Ando (Talk) 22:08, 28 February 2008 (EST)
I know it was discussed for merging earlier, but I'm proposing that we split the Roc's Cape section into its own page. I think they're distinct enough (in a relation akin to Hookshot and Clawshot), and the Roc's Cape section is certainly beefy enough to be an article in its own right. I tested this out on my Sandbox, which you can see here. - TonyT S C 07:41, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'm fine with the split. Considering the different name and the added ability of the Roc's Cape to glide in mid-air, it warrants having its own page. Plus, like you mentioned, it has enough content to support itself. Agreed! B) --Dany36 09:07, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- Fourth'd. --Xizor 12:18, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
The Roc's Feather is believed to be named after the Roc, a mythical bird of enormous size and strength.
FSA explicitly mentions that the Roc's Feather is a feather taken from "the giant bird". As such, I don't think the trivia note is valid, because the name has been specified.
However, it's clear that the -rocs (Karga- and Helma-) were added to the series long after the Roc's Feather was introduced. Therefore, I would reword the article to state that the feather was originally named after the mythological creature (like the Pegasus Boots), but was later retconned into being a feather of a -roc type enemy. This way, we are honest to the source material.KrytenKoro (talk) 03:46, 13 February 2014 (UTC)