I don't think this should be mentioned, because my facts are probably stated above somewhere. But don't you think the symbol on Medli's outfit and the sign seen in the Water Temple in TP (created by the Zoras) are linked? And isn't it Nayru's sign as well? Nayru might have changed them like the Kokiri were changed into Koroks. The Sage that was replaced by Medli was a Zora was she not? Perhaps she was an ancestor of Medli!—Preceding unsigned comment added by ZeldaGirl96 (talk) 23:23, June 16, 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think that was said above. NO ONE EDIT THIS PAGE FOR THE NEXT FEW MINUTES!! This page is huge I'm going to archive it.--Matt 23:30, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Why, for over six months, was this talk page left at over 60,000 bytes? We should be a little more alert and be more ready to archive huge talk pages.--Matt 04:17, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Removal of Zora-Rito Evolution Theory
Is there a particular reason why this information was completely removed in User:Adam/sig 12:41, 5 November 2009 (UTC)? I didn't see any discussion regarding this before or after it was done...
- Especially since it is no longer a theory. Aonuma confirmed it. It should be put back. Triforce (T C) 14:23, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Magical or natural evolutionary processes
The page state "it is currently unknown if their transformation was magical or the result of natural evolutionary processes". I just want to point that in his famous quote, Anouma talks about evolution not magic ("We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in Ocarina of Time"). Jeangabin 09:51, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
White Rito Theory
Medli is the only white Rito seen in the Wind Waker. She is also the only female Rito seen. So could her colour be due to her gender? While it could also be due to Medli's Zoza heratige (as she is the only Rito confirmed to have Zora ancestry), the Postman could be seen as a counter to this argument, as his ancestor, the Hylian postman, had fair skin, and he doesn't. Vuvuzela2010 18:04, 25 January 2011 (EST)
This is more a theory since since the Watara have not been confirmed as a cannon species of Hyrule however it does lend credence to cross breeding being a possible evolutionary course for how they became what they are, feel free to point out any flaws in my logic on this thought Theif 1 02:21, 30 May 2011 (EDT)
- Interesting thought, but it's not the kind of thing we'd want to be mentioning anywhere on the Wiki. Being an encyclopedia, Zelda Wiki has a policy against stating theories unless they have notable support from the community and have some evidence to support them, which is not the case here. Still, interesting thought! — Hylian King [*] 20:33, 30 May 2011 (EDT)
- That's why I brought it here instead of putting in the actual page, because I noticed the theories disappeared since I first found this place Theif 1 20:58, 30 May 2011 (EDT)
Merging all (minor) Rito pages
I want to put all the minor Rito characters on this page, just like we did for Koroks. Aside from figurine info and name trivia, there isn't much on those pages. All in favor, say "Aye"! — Abdullah [T] [C] [S] 07:21, 20 October 2011 (EDT)
- Aye! — Hylian King [*] 07:31, 20 October 2011 (EDT)
Rito = Ruto?
I think this was mentioned on the page at some point but I couldn't find it.
- I don't think she does? She shares nearly every feature as the other Rito aside from her hair color, which isn't enough to justify a change in my opinion. - TonyT S C 00:41, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- She also seems to be the only female Rito you meet in game, and is one out of the two only children who you see. So her appearance could be judged on those factors as well. I think she is fine to stay as the info box image, as she is a huge part of the story on behalf of the Rito. I could only see Quill being the next possibly choice, as he is also highly important, but fits the common theme of adult males in the race.---
Pixel TC 01:26, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- An article about the Rito race should show how the majority of the Ritos look, so that we can quickly identify them. There's only one female, and only two children. None of them should be in the infobox.
- All the other race article on the wiki show generic members of the race. Avoid sages. As she is an important character, it looks like an article about her rather than her race. We should avoid characters who already have their own page on the infobox image. It is redundant to be on Medli page and want to learn more about her race just to find another page featuring her.
- There's about 15 Ritos and only four of them have their own page. We can easily find a Rito not already in another infobox for this page. Jeangabin (talk) 05:21, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- She also seems to be the only female Rito you meet in game, and is one out of the two only children who you see. So her appearance could be judged on those factors as well. I think she is fine to stay as the info box image, as she is a huge part of the story on behalf of the Rito. I could only see Quill being the next possibly choice, as he is also highly important, but fits the common theme of adult males in the race.--- Pixel TC 01:26, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- So, will the Rito page remain the only race page to have an important character/Sage as main image? Jeangabin (talk) 22:09, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
- None of your concerns from your last message are valid arguments, and nothing that we must adhere to by any concrete means.
- Actually looking at the members of the Rito tribe, a good number of them are wildly different to such an extent that I wouldn't say any of them are textbook "generic". I'm not opposed to changing the image, but I can't say that the prior arguments are really strong enough to do it.
- It's an outright lie to say that this is the only race page to feature a non-generic character. It's really about 50/50 as a precedent.
- It's...not important that Medli has her own page while random NPC #12 doesn't. Her page doesn't extend to this page. I'd argue that this makes this article even more comprehensive to remind readers with such a strong example.
- We have no stipulation against using sages, that's you imposing your opinion.
- In using Medli, we are not suddenly incapable of identifying other Ritos. If sexual dimorphism was really that powerful here, maybe so, but it's not.
HH Rito Explanation
"It is stated in the Hyrule Historia that the gods changed them from fish into birds so that the Great Ocean could remain lifeless, and the remains of Hyrule would never be discovered." I've seen this stated multiple times by multiple different people, yet there is literally nobody that can find the source quote in Hyrule Historia. Unless somebody can find the quote, I think it should definitely be removed, especially considering the actual quote itself isn't even featured on the page. --Hero of Legend (talk) 02:47, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
- I just checked myself. There is no such quote in either the timeline section for windwaker, nor the artwork section for windwaker. I support it being removed Astroninja1 (talk) 00:58, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- There's really not much information about these new characters as of now, so probably it would be better to wait a little longer. Also, please avoid using quotes as part of your signature. - Chuck * (Talk) 23:57, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Showing more Info
I understand why the Staff wanted to remove the gallery but doesn't anyone else think we still need to show Image info on what the Ritos looked like in Wind Waker? I believe it is best to show images on what species and characters looked like in each game. maybe find a spot on the side of the Wind Waker information or something? -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 12:48, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
- It's of my belief that the gallery in Tribe pages should really only list generic members who have no individual characteristics and are unnamed. For example: The majority of Zoras and Gorons in most games are generic, whose models or sprites are reused for multiple, nameless NPCs. In that such case, I see a gallery is warranted.
- All of the Rito in TWW are unique individuals who have their own dedicated pages, so it would be pointless to list them all in a gallery. Also Medli has a completely different appearance compared to the other Rito in that game, so she's not a very good choice in illustrating what the common Rito looks like, anyway. - Midoro (T C) 16:35, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
I was going to add one of Revali's quotes (Impressive, I know. Very few can achieve a mastery of the sky. Yet I have made an art of creating an updraft that allows me to soar. It's considered to be quite the mastery of aerial techniques, even among the Rito. With proper utilization of my superior skills, I see no reason why we couldn't easily dispense with Ganon. Now then, my ability to explore the firmament is certainly of note... But let's not—pardon me for being so blunt—let's not forget the fact that I am the most skilled archer of all the Rito.), but I didn't know if I could just put the quote in or whether I'd have to leave a link to an audio file or something. Now that I think about it, what is considered a valid source of pronunciation? Characters, encyclopedias, developers etc. Argentum kurodil (talk) 11:04, 16 January 2020 (UTC)