Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:Pendants of Virtue
Master Sword items
No more speculation that the pendants and jewels could be the same items. There have been more items like this that were required to get the Master Sword and unless one comes up with a plausible theory that includes all of them, no speculation.IfIHaveTo 07:13, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- It's called "imagination" man. I said it's "possible" and it's under "theories" just like you said. Really, you should let others share their theories on things too and not solely the hum-drum minimal information you keep putting things back to. Yes, it is a theory, but it is just that, a theory. And it's made clear it's a theory. So no more arguing about "theories." It wasn't a crime the last time I checked to post some facts and possibilities when it's made clear that it's not the 100% certain truth. Link87 10:45, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- I also once removed a theory in Mido's article about him becoming King Moblin (Oracle games) based on pathetic evidence (something along the ways of both sayin "Grmbl grmbl"). I don't mind properly sourced theories. In fact, I love them. But, how should I say this,......there are theories that are just.... kinda dumb. Like the earlier mentioned theory (which at least was sourced), I think this one is odd. First off all, the items compared don't even look like each other. The pendants becoming/having been the pearls makes far more sense, but I don't see the pearls mentioned in the theory. Like I said, come up with a theory to incorporate all in a way that it makes sense and you can keep it for all I am concerned. But this is just silly right now. IfIHaveTo 10:58, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- I completely understand what you said about stupid theories based on poor evidence, but mine have been researched for years, and I have presented what I feel to be some compelling evidence. In fact, you just gave me a new idea: the Pearls could be from the other timeline. The Stones could have become the Pendants in one timeline and the Pearls in the other. Thank you for presenting that new idea to me. That would make sense, and it would incorporate all three as you said. Thanks again. Link87 11:21, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- And now it's written in a way I think it is perfectly fine to stay. Complete, neutral and findable on every "Master Sword item" page. IfIHaveTo 02:34, 20 December 2007 (EST)
We have a problem; the pendants are the wrong colours! CyanLink, I'm sure we can excuse the error as you've never played ALttP, but as the screenshots below demonstrate, the Pendant of Power is not red (as you'd expect) but blue, and the Pendant of Wisdom is red instead of blue! Only the Pendant of Courage is green, as you'd expect. I'm not sure if this was a mistake in the production of the game (I think this was the first time which the three attributes were linked to colours), but I guess it kind of rubbishes the Pendants=Jewels=Spiritual Stones theory! --Adam 14:18, 6 January 2008 (EST)
- Ah yes, I had forgotten about that little tidbit. I personally always ignored it and imagined the pendants having the "correct" colours, as this seems more a "getting started" mistake than a statement from Nintendo. IfIHaveTo 03:35, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- WOW, that was confusing! I think I've fixed it now; the pendants were in the wrong order (i.e not the order in which they're obtained), with the wrong bosses assigned to them, and the wrong images!! I think all the info now matches?
- What do you think about adding a Trivia section noting the error with the colours? --Adam 13:56, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- The article should get an update anyway. And yes, that info should be in it too. I think it even deserves to be in the main article rather than the trivia section. I'll see if I can make some adjustments, but it's been a while since I played ALTTP.IfIHaveTo 01:46, 8 January 2008 (EST)
Link Between Worlds (SEMI-SPOILERS)
Link Between Worlds clearly depicts the Pendants of Virtue (recieved before the first dungeon, even!) as the Goddess Pearls on strings. As such, I've removed the theory, since it is confirmed. The page should be updated with images and a section for LBW, and possibly merged with Goddess Pearls.