Since these don't get an explicit name, as far as I remember, might it be better to just roll this into an article covering the 2D mechanic as a whole, with coverage of the Sage and Princess portraits, Yuga and Link's abilities, and Ravio's Bracelet?KrytenKoro (talk) 05:19, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
- The article is very vague right now, but I think it is appropriate to have an article about the "portraits" that Link collects in the dungeons. The game does specifically call them "portraits" on the gear screen.
- The game does use the term "painting" when referring to Link and Yuga's ability to enter the walls, or Yuga's ability to trap people inside the walls. However, I don't see much purpose in an article for that. Those abilities belong on the page for Yuga and the page for Ravio's Bracelet. --Joshua (Yumil) (talk) 06:22, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
- It's the same mechanic, however, and understanding how it works as a whole would be useful, and would make more sense as a whole; after all, both Ravio's Bracelet and the Portraits are extensions of Yuga's magic anyway. We also already have a "Wall Merging" article, which is having some debate on whether to merge it, so why not use this article to justify that one's existence? Have a section within on Yuga, the Sage Portratis, the Bow of Light, and Ravio's Bracelet, with an overview of how the mechanics work in whole.KrytenKoro (talk) 14:57, 30 November 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think I can support the merge. The main reason being that only Yuga and Link (once given the ability), are able to do anything in the forms of paintings. Everyone else is generally helpless otherwise (expect for Zelda at the end of the game). So having an article about the ability to wall merge and looking like a painting can really stand away from being stuck in a motionless painting form. It could even be mentioned that for a short moment, Link was in this helpless state before Ravio's Bracelet activated.
- For the content on this article though, we could have it sectioned in two parts. A section about important paintings like the Sage Portraits, and trapped people like the soldiers and the Captain. Then have a section about more of the fun things found on walls across Hyrule and Lorule. The things Link can wall merge behind to give him funny faces or other costumes. Unless there should be a completely different article for, Wall Art maybe? Cause it would be cool to mention Majora's Mask as well, but it is not a painting. --- Pixel TC 20:00, 30 August 2014 (UTC)