Um... she resembles Malon more than Zelda, I think..
~Twisol from the Zelda Universe forums
She came before Malon existed and was meant to resemble Zelda, as Link mistakes her for Zelda when he first saw her. TheManInTheMoon 23:19, 7 August 2007 (PDT)
I agree. Zelda doesn't have hair as deep a shade of red, and Marin never wheres pink. Besides, she is related to a mushroom collector rather that a king, and i would say that sounds more like farm life than royalty. Maybe...like in the misc section... we should just say she resembles an older incarnation of Aryll.--Claire 15:57, 29 December 2007 (EST)
- If anything, Malon and Talon were meant to resemble Marin and Tarin.--Green 16:36, 29 December 2007 (EST)
Why is this flagged?
Yet another flagged article that seems alright. Why is it flagged, and if it is alright, then can we remove the template?
- Well, I just read over it, and it seems the information about Marin jumps all over the place. To me it seems like this article could use some expansion, such as what Marin's exact role in the game is etc. I figured this character would have a better page considering that many people are big fans of Link's Awakening. Dany36 16:38, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
Her name resembles the word 'marine', which has to do with the sea. Also, the prefix 'mar-' means sea. I think this might be worthy of trivia. Nicktheslayer 16:03, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, go ahead and add it. :) For future reference, it's not always necessary to start a talk page discussion whether something is trivia-worthy or not. That way you don't have to wait for a response to add it to the article. :) Dany36 16:34, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
So apparently Marin's weapon as actually shown alongside her concept art at Wondercon. This photo was taken during the event in which Nintendo showed off a lot of new HWL info. When the concept art of Marin appeared, it shows a few items next to her. It appears to bare the same design as the Sea Lilly Bell, one of the Instrument of the Sirens. If I had to hazard a guess, her move set will consist of her ringing the bell and attacking with sound waves for her standard attack string, and her charge attacks will incorporate the usage of the other 7 Instruments of the Sirens.
Ixbran (talk) 02:01, 28 March 2016 (UTC)
- Nice find! But until we get an actual confirmation of what her weapon is, more specifically what it's called, we can't add it yet. - Midoro (T C) 02:36, 28 March 2016 (UTC)
Citation about Marin's mischievous dialogue
Regarding that, I actually found out about in one of PeanutButterGamer's Zelda Month videos titled "Wind Waker HACKING!" when he was covering Link's Awakening in an early portion of the video. I can't link it since the wiki blocks timestamps, apparently.
- There's no need to cite videos directly when you can simply use a regular citation to write the quote itself. About the timestamps, they can be used, but you need to add the full link to the video (the one that appears on the search bar of the browser) and not the shortened one. - Chuck * (Talk) 08:13, 13 December 2016 (UTC)