- 1 Permission with some coding
- 2 No! Just no!!
- 3 Banner Wrong
- 4 Add Hyrule Warriors
- 5 Zelda Wii U Release Date
- 6 New News?
- 7 Website for helping people route speedruns of Zelda games
- 8 Community Poll
- 9 What's with all the articles adding "Pronouns"?
- 10 Congratulation on joining gamepedia!!
- 11 Noooo! Why merge this with GamePedia?!
Permission with some coding
Hi, my name is KeybladeSpyMaster. I'm an editor at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki. We are currently undergoing some renovations and changes to increase community involvement/activity over there, and one of our projects is revamping our Main Page. We are really interested in what you guys have done with the game portals on your page, and I personally am interested/marveled by the hover items on the game portals. I'm here to ask for permission in taking your idea/coding to implement on our own site, if the idea is accepted by the other editors back at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki. Is that okay? If there is anything I can do for you guys, feel free to ask me! KeybladeSpyMaster (talk) 04:36, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for writing! Ironically, we're in the process of revamping our own main page right now! But I see no reason to tell you that you can't use the idea. Just know that you should pick universally recognizable logos, or at least ones that can't lead to any confusion. Glad to see you like the design, anyway! Good luck in your efforts!—Justin(Talk) 11:45, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
No! Just no!!
- The news board was simply removed. We recently had to change servers, and as a result of that, the RSS news feed stopped working. And since we have some changes in the future (don't think I can comment much on those), we just decided to remove it altogether than fixing it. If you want Zelda news, you can go to Zelda Universe's home page, since that's where we were getting most of our news anyhow. -The Goron Moron (talk) 04:20, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
The banner announcing Hyrule Warriors being out still has links to the Dungeons of A Link Between Worlds and Places in A Link Between Worlds--Shadow Reaper 14:52, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
Add Hyrule Warriors
Can/Should Hyrule Warriors be added to the quick game select options on the main page after A Link Between Worlds? Alex95
Zelda Wii U Release Date
- I'm afraid not, for multiple reasons. It was decided it didn't quite jive with our new main page design that we implemented, and we're the sister site to Zelda Universe, so there wouldn't be much reason to host news here while they do the same there. - TonyT S C 23:10, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
Website for helping people route speedruns of Zelda games
Zelda Speed Runs Wiki is getting so little contribution. It is a website that attempts to give people the knowledge to plan a better route for speedruns of the games Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Once it's sufficiently complete, very smart speedrunners will also be able to read all the pages that one of the pages Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or Twilight Princess links and then during 100% speedruns of that game, plan what they're going to do next in the speedrun according to how much time they wasted earlier in the speedrun and the RNG that has happened earlier in the speedrun. Some of the Zelda Wiki editors seem so knowledgeable about Zelda Games. Maybe some of them would be good at contributing to Zelda Speed Runs Wiki. Blackbombchu (talk) 17:26, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
What's with all the articles adding "Pronouns"?
Like, really, all the character pages are adding pronouns (he/him/etc) instead of adding gender or sex, which would be a simple Male/Female/Unknown or Debatable, you go for pronouns... Why? It's unnecessary, not needed, and just unfitting for the format of the king of Wiki we have here. The ONLY kind of people who would support these are Tumblr SJW's... As in the kind that will call you worse than Hitler just for being a Straight, White, Cisgendered Male. A.K.A. The bad kind of Tumblr user.
- I am not a hateful person, I respect all races, sexes, and sexual preferences, but I do hate unnecessary changes such as these pronouns instead of a much more standard "sex/gender". Also, Tony, have you ever heard of the Reddit subcommunity /r/TumblrInAction? They sure are up in arms about this change. That's how I got here. ScottishDrunkard (talk) 14:47, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Congratulation on joining gamepedia!!
Noooo! Why merge this with GamePedia?!
No no no and no! The merge of ZeldaWiki with Gamepedia stripped me of my identity! My name was SilentResident! How dare! After the merge, Gamepedia didn't allow me my most invaluable name and forced me to choose a different name! I am not Silentresidentwiki, I am SilentResident! Only SilentResident and nothing else! -_- This is my name anywhere, be it Zelda Wiki, be it Mario Wiki, be it Wikipedia, be it X-Files Wiki. I am SilentResident and now you killed me with this merge! How they dare, this was my identity, I had it forever, and they stripped it of me just like that! I am deeply disturbed with the new developments hurting devoted Zelda wiki users such as me. How can one be expected to continue contributing to a Wiki project which offends its own member??? I submitted a ticket to GamePedia to have my username unlocked but I honestly doubt they will do anything at all. Damn it, they stripped me of my identity name! --Silentresidentwiki (talk) 19:46, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Thankfully after my pleas to Gamepedia, they looked thoroughly into my issue and gave me back my name! However, I am sorry for my emotional outburst and I am very relieved this is over, and I hope that such a thing doesn't happen on fellow Wikipedians. Hope everything goes smoother for the other Wikipedians than it did for me! Again my apologies for the above message. Have a good day. --SilentResident (talk) 13:05, 11 March 2017 (UTC)