I suggest we merge this with Force Gem, Light Force, and Sands of Hours. They're all called the same thing in Japan, just "Force". Which means they're all the same thing. Reign 02:36, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
Please place your edit in the section which represents your stance.
- In response to Cipriano, it seems to me that disambiguating per the English localization would be separating things that are just updated translations, which is usually not thought of as workable (compare ALBW and ALttP localizations, and how we merge them all). In each game, the Light/Life/Force is simply an energy imbuing all beings, with a special concentration within Zelda in each game (and with SS, it is implied that it is her heritage as a descendant of Hylia). I also don't see how it would make a mess of the Force Gem article, since that article is already merged; this merge would just make it clear that both versions are simply different incarnations of the same entity. If I remember correctly, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks is the most recent usage of the "Force" term, so "Life Force" would be the preferred merge target. In addition, merging these would provide a clearer comparison between these and the Triforce itself, which, come to think of it, almost seems to be a divine manifestation of the same concept (the Life Force Gems of the three goddesses).KrytenKoro (talk) 17:54, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- The merge should definitely happen, Hyrule Historia refers to the three as the same thing.--LordM (talk) 14:13, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
- I second LordM. --Technickal (talk) 13:52, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- I second KrytenKoro. Perhaps the merged page could be called "Force in The Legend of Zelda" or something similar to avoid confusion.GallantBlade475 (talk) 16:53, 10 April 2015 (UTC)GallantBlade475
- Well, first off, while the Japanese versions of the games are considered during the addition of content, we use the American/English versions as our top priority here at ZW, so the Japanese similarity in the names alone does not warrant a merge. Such a merge would make a mess of the Force Gem article specifically, since its Phantom Hourglass characteristics are the only ones to mention a Life Force connection, not the Four Swords Adventures ones. And considering that their purposes and use (esp. Sands of Hours) are all totally different, I say no to this merge. — ciprianotalk 04:40, 4 December 2009 (UTC)