Talk:Great Fairy Fountain
I disagree, because the Great Fairy Fountains and the Fairy Fountains serve two entirely different purposes. Link can get healing at both, but otherwise they do not function in the game in the same way. One is exclusively for bottling fairies, and the other is exclusively for getting power-ups for Link. --Bodo 00:30, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well, maybe it WOULD be a good idea seeing how short the Fairy Fountain article is. Plus, in Majora's Mask, the fountains in which the Great Fairies reside are known as "Fairy's Fountain," not "Great Fairy Fountain," even though this article calls them as such. So I'm all for merging the two instead of having two short pages. Dany36 16:54, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, yes. Like I said, I'll gladly revamp the page so as to make the distinction between Great Fairy Fountain and Fairy Fountain perfectly clear to the readers. Plus, looking at the places where the Great Fairy in Twilight Princess lives in (Cave of Ordeals), it wouldn't be correct to call it a Great Fairy Fountain, since that's what this article implies:
- A Great Fairy's Fountain is, as the name would imply, a fountain in which a Great Fairy resides.
- Dany36 03:03, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Since this page (along with Fairy Fountain) are one of the next articles I'll be working on, I'd like to know what other people think of merging this page with Fairy Fountain: if people are ok with the merging, or if they disagree and would rather keep these two pages separate, etc. Dany36 15:29, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Keep the pages separate - to merge Great Fairy Fountain into Fairy Fountain, one would either have to subdivide each of the individual games into regular and great fairy fountains (which would seem redundant, and warrant an overall Great Fairy Fountain page as there already is), or subset the page into a Great Fairy section and Fairy Section (which would also warrant separate pages for both considering the amount of information). And since they both serve unique functions of healing, they should be kept as separate pages that deal with each specific type.
- Maybe a disambiguation page is the best option, it would group the related articles together, without actually merging the pages...
- User:Cipriano 119/sig 01:46, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
The Minish Cap Great Fairy Fountain
I haven't played The Minish Cap, so could someone who has played it add the The Minish Cap section under The Wind Waker section? I have no idea what they look like and what upgrades are received, so any help would be appreciated... An image of the Great Fairy fountain would be nice, too. Dany36 19:13, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Twilight Princess fountain
Wouldn't the Springs of the Light Spirits be considered Great Fairy Fountains since You can talk to the Great Fairy there after completing the Cave of Ordeals. - AtrumLevis (My Talk Page) (My Contributions) 20:52, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- This is why I think merging Fairy Fountain and Great Fairy Fountain would be a good idea. The distinction between the two in recent games has become pretty weak. As mentioned in the article, MM and TWW refer to them as "Fairy Fountain," even though Great Fairies live there. Is there any reason not to merge them? I'll be more than happy to fix the article up once they are merged. Dany36 00:22, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
On a Smaller Note
I feel merging the three individual Great Fairy (Mayfly, Butterfly, Dragonfly) articles from The Minish Cap to here would make buckets of sense. First, the Fairy articles by themselves don't have any new information that this Great Fairy Fountain article doesn't already have, and it would centralize all the fairies and their small bits of information all into one place, where it is all neat and organized. Isn't practicality what we're all about? =) — ciprianotalk 01:14, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
Majora's Mask 3D
It should be noted that, like Ocarina Of Time 3D before it, the Great Fairy Fountains have been redesigned.
Each Great Fairy's Fountain now looks different, and each one should be screenshot'd and recorded here.
I'd do it myself but I'm working on an unrelated project right now. I might get to it later, though.
- Mugen Kagemaru 03:27, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
- I did teh thing~
- I even went in and made sure to get all the stray faeries from the dungeons, so there wouldn't be any stray faeries flying around inside the fountains when taking the screenshot. I even got a screenshot of the fairy fountain beneath the well in ikana canyon
Ixbran (talk) 06:32, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
Add a Four Swords section? I can get screenshots, e.g.
- There already is a section for FS, but thanks for getting that image! Also, please replace underscores with spaces when adding images to pages. It's just how we do things and makes it easier for automatic processes like text replaces. Thanks. :D - TonyT S C 13:54, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- I notice there is a (short) section for FSA, but not Four Swords on the GBA? Though it would be a short section (as short as FSA's?), since it's really just cosmetic in the sense that it's a cutscene area after beating a boss (where they meet the Great Fairy for a key (or not)).
- Sorry about the underscores, I hastily copy-pasted it from the URL, but I'll keep that in mind. And I suppose I'll also change underscores in links to spaces if I encounter any (If the link still works I've done it right?).
- Is this convention mentioned in the Help Guide by the way? A quick look over I didn't see it. It'd be cool if there were exactly one page
forcontaining all the link-related help guide stuff. (I also notice the wiki search box isn't very flexible, e.g. searching "text replace" won't find "text replaces")
- --KokoroSenshi (talk | contribs) 04:26, 21 December 2015 (UTC)