Please take a moment to fill out this survey on your gaming habits!
This page should get a transparent image, as the character (Gorman)'s brothers get one, and we already have a good full-body image. Gormanbros 12:09, 14 August 2010 (EDT)Gormanbros
- I'll see if I can get a better version of the image he has right now and try to make it transparent. :) Dany36 17:29, 14 August 2010 (EDT)
This should be merged with Ingo since they're kind of the same character. That he has a different name in OoT doesn't mean squat; Romani and Cremia don't have a separate article from Malon even though they're named differently. - Dere 07:13, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- Romani and Cremia do have a separate article from Malon. So do Talon and Mr. Barten. Besides, Ingo has more in common with the other two Gorman Brothers.
- As far as in-game canon goes, Gorman and Ingo exist as separate beings. They're similar; they're counterparts; but they're by no means the same character. — Hylian King [*] 12:04, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, you're right. In that case, Romani and Cremia should be merged to Malon as well. The different Links and Zeldas are separate beings as well yet they don't have separate articles despite being far more important characters. And not even the running man from ALttP has a separate article from the OoT one despite being a totally different character, as people merged them by the logic that the OoT one is a reference to the other and thus should be considered the same character. The same goes for Ingo, Romani and Cremia, who are even more blatant references to the OoT characters. - Dere 16:04, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- I personally can't agree to a merge if the only argument being put forward is a case for consistency. The merging/splitting of a page should be justifiable in its own right, regardless of how other, similar subjects are handled. I say that because there could be any number of reasons why a similar subject is addressed differently. For example, in the case of the Running Man, they both have the same name; Gorman and Ingo evidently do not. The ALTTP section is small and would make for a stubby page on its own; that, also, is not a concern for the Ingo or Gorman pages.
- Merging Malon with Romani and Cremia would make for a downright mess of an article. "Malon, Romani and Cremia" is an awkward title and would be inconvenient for linking. Same goes for Ingo and the Gorman Brothers. I would rather see Running Man split, though I'm not a fan of that idea either. Consistency, to me, is secondary to all other reasons for merging/splitting, for the reasons I've stated above.
- I'm inclined to agree with what HK said. Personally, I don't like that any of the OOT/MM counterparts have "merged" pages, I think they should all be separate. But sometimes the character's role is small enough in one game (like the Chicken Lady, for example) compared to the more important counterpart (Anju) that having them in one article works out (though I wouldn't mind splitting them up either, being different characters with different family, history, and nationality and whatnot). There's no real reason to merge Ingo and Gorman. The only thing they share in common is the in-game model. These characters have enough substance to hold their own, and, I think, deserve their own pages. The fact that they have different names is kind of a good reason to keep them separate, actually.