Okay, the Flute Boy in ALTTP is completely different from the Flute Boy in ALBW. First of all, he can't be older than 10 years old, so, unlike Sahasrahla, there is no chance he's still alive and young-looking that many years later (nor is their any implication that he could be via magic like Sahasrahla). But even that aside, their roles are completely different, with ALTTP Flute Boy not even having a flute and actually being somewhat significant to game progression while ALBW Flute Boy just plays music for 10 Rupees (on an actual flute). I'm not sure why they share a page anyway, besides a shared name (which is inaccurate to the former). Peanutjon (talk) 20:56, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- Throwing my viewpoint in here, you're right that it's pretty likely they are completely different characters and not the same person nor reincarnation (perhaps descendant?, though nothing suggests so). Looking at the developers' point of view they could be related because they wanted yet another similarity to link ALBW back to ALttP, and/or like 'the resident/local flute boy' kind of thing, which could be one reason to keep them together.
- It does seem awkward to have a short separate page for the flute boy, but there have been similarly short character pages, so it's probably ok if we end up doing so. Also, another strong supporting argument for a split is that having a shared character infobox is clearly no good here. Since they are somewhat related we should link them to each other, either as a "... redirects here. For the character in ..., see ..." (like here), or otherwise. Plus I think there is still more information about the ALBW flute boy to add too.
- By the way, the one in ALttP had the ocarina right (which is a type of flute)? While in ALBW it's a more conventional flute (could be this)?
- As above, I guess I'm supporting splitting then.
- --KokoroSenshi (talk | contribs) 00:37, 15 December 2015 (UTC)