Talk:Enemies in The Legend of Zelda
I know what would be perfect for this page and I just spent 20 minutes trying to get it together with no luck. Anyone know how to take the Character List template and change it to an Enemy List template. I can picture it being useful to hop around to all of the enemy pages from any of them.User:Axiomist/sig 17:06, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Can you post a link to what you are referring too? I'm going to continue to work on this page, as I'm working on a similar project at my website, so I'm currently playing through the game and creating these sprite images. Should have this page done in just a matter of days. Mases 18:30, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yea, I'll bump one here with my next edit.User:Axiomist/sig 18:36, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- That can work actually. It would give all the images consistency in sizes too. Since when I get to enemies like Patra or Lanmolas, they will be much bigger than the standard enemies. What does everybody else think? Mases 18:48, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- From what I can tell, you're talking about two different things here. If I'm right, Axiomist's proposing a version of Template:Characterlists for the enemy gallery pages. If so, I'm definitely for that, although it would probably be better if it followed this more commonly used format. Mases, I'm guessing the problem you're talking about is this kind of irregularity, which is a tricky issue with these kind of smaller sprite images where a <gallery> section can't be used as it enlarges the images. User:Adam/sig 20:50, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yea, that's what I was referring to. The page still doesn't have one tho.User:Axiomist/sig 00:16, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- OK, I've created and added the template. Now we just need the other enemy pages to be created so it can be of any use! User:Adam/sig 21:28, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not a big fan of this type of listing. I much prefer the character type listing. This one just seems a bit bulky. Also, it is a bit uncertain how enemies will work for the other games, so I'm not sure it's worth listing all the games at this point in time. For the 3d games, I think screenshots are the best way to go about getting consistency. For example, for Majora's Mask, I think something like the quick links of this page... http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06Enemies.php would work well. However, I also thing that a boxed image like how I do it at my website works well for listings. It will make it very consistant and keep it clean. An example would be like for TP, I'm gather images for all the enemies that look like the following, http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda11/Enemies/ShadowBeast.png http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda11/Enemies/Bomskit.png Either way though, I think these are big projects in their own way. These pages are likely going to remain stubbed for a long time before they are edited. Mases 22:21, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'm a pretty big fan of this format, Your site looks great tho. Mainly what I'm hoping we can have here is an easy to navigate resource. I had too much trouble going back and forth with Google Image searching for every item and some enemies in OoX when I created a puzzle based on those. I'm hoping that with my next creations I can spend less time looking for it all and more working on it, Off topic I know, but those are my reasons. A few other points I want to make.
- I think the best place to put these would be as a subcategory to Enemies. Thoughts?
- I can gather up all of the names and such, but my comp goes haywire (or maybe I do) when I try to deal with images here. Let me know if ya want that help.
- I completely agree that for a gallery page Framed partial shots of the 3-D Enemies would be best as it would serve to identify them, it links to the enemies page so the whole image would be redundant; and would keep it very clean looking
- Speaking of Redundant, I was considering editing the page here to have the blue and red sprites for the same enemies together in a wider image, and the names only once. I mean LoZ has blue and red Goriyas, tektites, moblins, leevers, Wizzrobes, Darknuts and Lynels.
I figure with LoZ being the basic entry for these the standard will be set here. User:Axiomist/sig 04:58, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
Artwork of Standard Enemies
Why are their images of an enemy's artwork next to their sprite, as far as I'm aware the enemy galleries show the enemies of a game in game (sprites and models) unless no image is available, the artwork being listed alongside their sprites can just cause confusion for people visiting the site. Madmoblin (talk) 16:55, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- Nope, Tony told me to place the artwork and the sprites side by side. Artwork is sometimes more preferable, such as in infoboxes. Hylian pi (talk) 16:57, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- What I said to Pi was that a blend of artwork and sprites/models/what-have-you (in a non-redundant sense, provided no enemy variations were present) wouldn't be so criminal to have. However, since the majority of enemies have variations, this would only occur in a small handful of instances. TriforceTony (talk) 00:32, 29 August 2017 (UTC)