Dear Zelda wiki editors,
I am interested as to the reasoning behind combing sections on appearance and use in general, and why you would include a section with 'location' in the heading when it does not mention a location, and when there is already a 'locations' section beneath? I recognise this is likely due to style conventions of the Wiki, but in particular situations such as this, it does not seem to improve the page but rather make it more confusing?
- Location and Uses is the standard header for item pages, as it includes both the use of the item and its location. In this case, a table was added to that section detailing the location of every pot. And by the way, don't forget to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). - Chuck * (Talk) 18:30, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
Characteristics and a few other things
Re: working in some of the things I wrote about the pot's appearance/characteristics, would some of it be suitable within a trivia section (e.g. the bits about the percussive music and Link humming)? Also, I was under the impression that it was camp-fires that you could use to pass the time of day, not cooking pots? Finally, should 'Fire' be linked to the page about elemental fire, or should a new page be created for the various sorts of fire in BotW? Jjgodden (talk) 20:44, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about noting the audible elements in the Trivia section, because it doesn't really count as trivia unless Link hums a particular familiar tune. I don't want to make your work disappear, which is why I suggested we discuss it. Perhaps some other people can think of how to integrate it into the article. "Characteristics" sections aren't standard in these types of articles.
- Cooking Pots also allow you to rest at them to pass time, as long as you're not carrying any Materials in your hands while you're next to the Pot. The link I provided is correct. A page for "Fire (Object)" should be made about the campfires in-game. - TonyT S C 00:03, 15 December 2016 (UTC)
- I just had an idea about the audible elements. In the E3 booth this year, Nintendo had a Cooking Pot on display which would periodically play the same jingle and tune. I would say you could lead on with an explanation about these and then mention its appearance at E3. - TonyT S C 00:08, 15 December 2016 (UTC)
Can we actually combine the Campfire and this page together? They serve the same purpose, just the cooking pot can actually cook. It just seems off that there would be two very similar pages.
idk how, i'm still new to this wiki lingo lol
- Sorry, but we generally don't combine pages if two things have a different name, no matter how similar. We usually go out of our way to split them. We have to treat them as two different objects.