Talk:Chamber of Giants
So I plucked this name out of the "Map Select" feature on Majora's Mask that can be accessed via emulation hacks. This level is called "きょじんのま," written in all kana, but which I treated in my translation as 巨人の間 because that's seems most likely. Now, the Chamber of Sages is constructed similarly in Japanese (賢者の間), so "Giant's Chamber," "Giants' Chamber," or "Chamber of Giants" could all potentially work, I believe. I put the name "Giant's Chamber" in a Name template because I translated it myself but I'm not really sure that's the right template. If we pull a name from a Japanese source (rather than out of thin air, like most "fan-created" names), should we still use this template? It's a little misleading, as it's not completely fan-created. Also, anyone have any comments on the translation? —Embyr 75 --Talk-- 23:51, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
- This is something Fizzle's brought up before... Check out his his sandbox, there's an idea for a template specifically for this kind of situation.
- As it is, we usually just treat them as official names. There certainly should be some kind of indication that they're translated from Japanese, though. Either with a specific template, like the one in Fizzle's sandbox, or with something more subtle. Perhaps if we used some form of Template:Japanese in the header, like I tried to do here. That would be a start, at least. — Hylian King [*] 00:32, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- I would suggest "Chamber of Giants" or "Giants' Dimension" (間 【ま】 (n) space; room; time; pause)KrytenKoro 15:57, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
Might it be worth mentioning that the Giant's Chamber might be another sector of the Sacred Realm, or at least a Terminan equivalent? The similarity to the Chamber of Sages is mentioned in the Trivia section, but the connection might run deeper than just a resemblance. Setras 04:59, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
- That's purely speculation, though. As always, theories have to have community support to earn a place in mainspace articles. — Hylian King [*] 11:04, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know that it's purely speculative, though. After all, both realms exist outside of the countries in which the games occur, both can only be accessed via portals opened once a Sage/Giant are freed, both are home to the guardians of their respective country, and both share several physical similarities. Setras 13:44, 5 June 2013 (UTC)