Talk:Big Deku Baba
Again, this is a sub-species of a general, popular organism, the Deku Baba, whose article would acheive the greatest benefit on the page of its relative. In the tradition of the Snurgle and Geozard pages, the merging of the two articles would focus the material and provides a better understanding of the species as a whole, especially since in this case as the two are virtually identical in all aspects but size. User:Cipriano 119/sig 06:42, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
- If it were just the one in OoT I'd say absolutely, considering there's more difference between various Tektites than there are between large and small Babas in that game. However, the big Baba in TP is very different than its smaller counterpart, being bumped from common enemy up to miniboss and requiring a totally unique strategy. In fact, it's about as different from a normal Deku Baba as it is from Diababa, and we're certainly not merging that with either of these.
- At the same time though, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with the other Deku Baba variations, like Serpent Babas and Bio Deku Babas, and if we merge those then it seems silly not to do this one as well. Jimbo Jambo 08:07, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe it would be best to merge all the other Baba under something like "Alternate Deku Baba." PureLocke(User/Talk) 20:50, 27 September 2010 (EDT)
- I don't agree with the merging, especially since the TP Deku Baba is waaay different than the normal Deku Babas found in OoT. --Dany36 14:14, 2 February 2012 (EST)
YES. I agree with the idea of an alternate baba SECTION on the deku baba page, to let the entire species be seen at once. - sariaofkokiriforest
- I agree with Dany. As shown in TP, it's established as a different branch of the species, so I think it should stay separate. - TonyT S C 20:52, 29 March 2012 (EDT)
I do agree with the merging because of the already mentioned similarities to the smaller varieties in OoT. And even though yes, the TP Big Deku Baba is a unique enemy, it is also part of the species Deku Baba after all. It could easily get a detailed description within the Deku Baba page, instead of inconveniencing the reader with a rather short page on its own. Weirdguy42 9:54, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
Create Big Baba page, merge Ocarina of Time information into the Deku Baba page.
These are actually two seperate enemies. The Big Deku Babas are known as "Dai Deku Baba" in Japanese, but the one in Twilight Princess is called simply a Big Baba in the English guide, and is known as "Babareshia" in Japanese, which is a combination of "Baba" and the Japanese name for Deku Likes. Therefore I suggest creating a Big Baba page for the Twilight Princess monster and put the Big Deku Baba information on the Deku Baba page. User:Fizzle/sig 17:44, 8 January 2014 (UTC)