Tal Tal Mountain Range
- Not to be confused with Tal Tal Heights
|Tal Tal Mountain Range|
The peak of the Tal Tal Mountain Range
Features and Overview
Tal Tal Mountain Range is the broad mountain range located on Koholint Island and may be the equivalent to Death Mountain in the other games. It is located at the northern-most part of the map and is the source of most of Koholint Island's water, with several waterfalls flowing from the eastern part of the mountains. This area is directly accessible only from Tal Tal Heights which is directly to the south of it, although a small portion of it can also be accessed via Goponga Swamp to the southwest. Tal Tal Mountain Range is, along with Ukuku Prairie, the largest region of the island.
The mountain range has an extensive system of tunnels beneath it, home only to treasure and monsters. Navigating these tunnels is essential to reach three of the eight dungeons. Angler's Tunnel, though not located in the mountain range, requires Link to jump off a cliff to reach it in Tal Tal Heights. Turtle Rock, in the west, and Eagle's Tower, in the east, are both located in the mountain range proper and constitute the final two dungeons before waking the Wind Fish. The home of the Wind Fish itself is also here, in the Wind Fish's Egg atop Mount Tamaranch. Aside from the Wind Fish, the only inhabitant of the mountain range is the Cucco Keeper, whose house is on one of the peaks. Numerous bridges connect the mountains, however many of them are in disrepair and require the use of the Roc's Feather or Hookshot to cross.
Papahl gets lost in the Tal Tal Mountain Range, and is left starving without food. Link gives him a Pineapple, and to repay him, Papahl gives him a Hibiscus. Later, Marin travels to the mountain range; she then tries to wake the Wind Fish by singing the Ballad of the Wind Fish. However, she is taken by a group of monsters, who strand her on one of the broken bridges until Link saves her with the Hookshot.
- In Link's Awakening, if Link opens his map before leaving Marin's and Tarin's house, the current location shown will be Tal Tal Mountain Range.[verification needed]
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||タルタル山脈 (Tarutaru sanmyaku)||Tartar Mountains|
|FrenchCA||Cordillère Tartare (LA)|
|German||TalTal Gebirge (LA)
Taltal Gebirge (LADX)
|Tal Tal Mountains|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 234(LA)
- "Hoot! That girl sang her song in front of the Egg! Her 'Ballad of the Wind Fish' is a song of awakening! Did she actually intend to wake the Wind Fish?! The next Sirens' Instrument is in the west. Play your melodies so the unliving stones might hear! Show your courage! The Wind Fish waits for you! Hoot!" — Owl (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hey! Link ! Some monsters put me up here! What should I do?! I'm afraid of heights!!" — Marin (Link's Awakening DX)
|Regions in Link's Awakening|
|Click on an area|