The Takkuri from Majora's Mask
Takkuri are recurring enemies in The Legend of Zelda series.
The Takkuri is a large bird that flies around the entrance to the Milk Road area of Termina Field in Majora's Mask. As it sees Link, it swoops down and attacks him. If the Takkuri makes a successful hit, it will make Link drop various items like Rupees, Bombs, and Arrows. After the hero obtains the Hero's Bow, the Takkuri is able to steal his items, such as an empty Bottle or even his Sword. The bird will then fly away to Clock Town with the item. The Takkuri works with the Man from the Curiosity Shop, and as such, stolen items such as the Bottle and Sword can later be bought back at the Curiosity Shop.
The Takkuri has high health, so it takes about 15 regular Arrows to defeat it. However, if Link is successful in defeating the bird, he will receive a Huge Rupee worth 200 Rupees. Defeating the Takkuri is made easier on Epona, where it cannot hurt Link. Wearing the Stone Mask makes Link undetectable by the Takkuri, and prevents the thievery of Link's items. If Link plays the "Song of Time" to reset back to the Dawn of the First Day, any items lost or stolen by the Takkuri will be recovered.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Takkuri are similar to Crows but are red rather than black. They try to steal Link's Rupees and can be found in the Royal Valley. One Takkuri will swoop down and steal the Graveyard Key from Link. In order to retrieve the Key and progress to the Royal Family's Tomb, Link must use the Pegasus Boots and dash into the Tree where the Takkuri is roosting.
|Crow & Takkuri (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|Appear in various areas. The black one is Crow. If you touch Takkuri, he will steal Rupees from you, so be careful.|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||タックリー (Takkurī)||From ひったくり (Hittakuri), a purse snatcher|
|German||Pickra||Portmanteau of "picken" (to pick) and "rabe" (raven)|
- "It's a Takkuri. Run! This bird steals your items! C'mon! What are you doing just standing around?!" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "What are you doing?!? Didn't your bottle just get stolen?!?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "What are you doing?!? Didn't your sword just get stolen?!?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Cool Bottle: 20 Rupees Isn't it nice? Put anything in it. Brand new, too." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Nice Sword: 100 Rupees Just got this sword in. It's a deal. I kid you not." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Good Sword: 50 Rupees You don't have a sword, buddy. At this price, this one's a steal. Heh-heh..." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "You bought back the Great Fairy's Sword that was stolen from you! From now on, be more aware of birds when you're strolling down the road..." — N/A (Majora's Mask)