Ta'loh Naeg Shrine
|Ta'loh Naeg Shrine|
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
|Main Item||Spirit Orb|
Shield of the Mind's Eye
Entrance to the Shrine
Ta'loh Naeg Shrine features a vast, open chamber with an open pit in the middle of the chamber. In front of the elevator are two stone Treasure Chests. The Treasure Chest on the left contains an Eightfold Blade and the Treasure Chest on the right contains a Shield of the Mind's Eye. As Link approaches the center of the chamber, a translucent, light blue Guardian Scout II wielding a Guardian Sword will rise from the pit. Ta'loh Naeg then instructs Link to Side Hop the Guardian Scout's attacks. If Link does not have a Weapon, Ta'loh Naeg will tell Link that he cannot practice the skill without one. When Link performs a Perfect Dodging, by Side Hopping an attack at the last moment, and counters with a Flurry Rush, Ta'loh Naeg instructs Link to Backflip the Guardian Scout's attacks. If Link broke his last Weapon during the Flurry Rush, Ta'loh Naeg will tell him to prepare and try again. Once Link performs a Perfect Dodging by Backflipping and counters with another Flurry Rush, Ta'loh Naeg will instruct Link to Parry the Guardian Scout's attack at the right time to perform a Perfect Guard. If Link does not have a Shield, he is informed that he needs a Shield to practice the Perfect Guard. After he successfully performs a Perfect Guard, Ta'loh Naeg instructs Link to hit the Guardian Scout with a Charged Attack. If Link broke or dropped his last Weapon before performing a Perfect Guard, Ta'loh Naeg will ask Link to try practicing after getting a Weapon.
Upon striking the Guardian Scout II with a Charged Attack, the Guardian Scout will be defeated and Ta'loh Naeg will congratulate Link for learning the skills. A portcullis at the back of the chamber will then open, revealing a Treasure Chest containing an Opal and Ta'loh Naeg. When approached, the Monk will give Link a Spirit Orb for completing the Trial, and afterward will wish Link well before fading away.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Ta'loh Naeg Shrine
Ta'loh Naeg's Teaching" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Ta'loh Naeg. I share with you my knowledge, that it may please Hylia." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "Use a side hop to avoid enemy attacks. This will create an opening that you can use to strike back." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "You cannot practice this skill without a weapon. Prepare yourself and try again." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do a backflip to avoid enemy attacks and create an opening to strike back." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can repel an attack if you parry with your shield at just the right time. Strike back in the opening you create." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "You cannot practice this skill without a shield. Prepare yourself and try again." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "Build up your power, and then release it to unleash a charge attack. Catch your enemies in this motion to damage them." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have done well to learn these crucial skills. Now, proceed." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your triumph over the test of strength subverts a prophecy of ruin. From the ashes of Hyrule, a hero rises. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Ta'loh Naeg (Breath of the Wild)