Symin is the assistant of Purah, the director of Hateno Ancient Tech Lab. When first approached, Symin offers Link a greeting and fawns over the shelves of research tomes in the Lab's possession. The assistant begins to wonder at the exact amount of books on hand, but is distracted by the sight of Link's Sheikah Slate. He requests to see the Runes on the Slate, which Link readily does. Although he examines all of the runes, he notes that Link appears to be missing some. After a moment, he realizes that he has not given Link his name and properly introduces himself. Before Link is able to return the favor, Symin correctly guesses his name. He explains that Impa informed him about Link ahead of time. Symin remembers that he must tell Link something important and turns to get Purah's attention. Link will ask Symin to clarify and the man realizes that he has not yet introduced Purah to him, motioning to the little girl in the room. He respects Purah greatly. He begins to explain the director's appearance, but realizes that maybe Purah should be the one to do so.
Link can then ask Symin about either the Sheikah Slate or the Lab itself. Bringing up the Slate allows Symin to explain its history. He expresses his pleasure with the knowledge that Link will use it properly, knowing the results would be disastrous in the wrong hands. Asking about the Lab pushes Symin to excitedly explain the purpose of the building. Eventually, Symin realizes that he is likely boring Link with his speech. He decides to put his words in a way that expresses the usefulness of their research plainly by giving the possibility of Calamity Ganon's full sealing.
Symin's name comes from the fruit persimmon.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Symin" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good morning. I imagine you've never seen so many books in one place. Pretty incredible, isn't it? We've gathered all of Hyrule's known literature on ancient civilizations here." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "As for the actual number of books, well... ...Hmm? Is that... That thing on your waist? Is that a Sheikah... There's no mistaking it. That's a real Sheikah Slate, isn't it?! I've never actually seen one in person!" — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you could just show me the runes on it, I'd be most appreciative. Stasis... Ah. Magnesis... Yes, yes. The Remote Bomb and Cryonis... And what else? Let's see..." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "So that's it for runes... But... Hmm... Strange... It doesn't seem like you have the basic runes... I don't understand why they're missing. There must be a reason..." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah! Where are my manners? I nearly forgot to introduce myself! My name in Symin." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "You are... Link, right?" — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "[You know my name?] Lady Impa caught me up to speed. You see...we were told, "A young man holding a Sheikah Slate will appear. And you must do all you can to help him. He will be the hope that awakens from the Slumber of Restoration. His name will be Link."" — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, dear! I forgot to tell you something very important. Director! Listen, Ms. Director! This is a REAL Sheikah Slate!" — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Director?] Oh, that's right... I haven't introduced our director. Ms. Purah happens to be right over there... As the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab director, Ms. Purah is the world's foremost authority on ancient Hyrule culture." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "I have the utmost respect for Ms. Purah and all she's accomplished. I'm honored to be her assistant." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "On that note, Link... You see, the director may look like a young girl, but... Well...maybe it's not my place to tell you these things. You should talk to Ms. Purah herself." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah... What do you need?" — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Sheikah Slate?] The Sheikah Slate is a device that our Sheikah ancestors developed to bring peace and order to Hyrule. The runes contained on your Sheikah Slate are also something we Sheikah developed." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm so relieved that you'll be using this device for the betterment of Hyrule, Link. If such a device fell into the hands of evil... I shudder to think what might happen." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Hateno Ancient Tech Lab is where we Sheikah researchers study the scientific contributions of our ancestors. We aim to apply our findings to the world of today and to unravel the mystery of the shrines and Divine Beasts. I'm personally interested in exploring these entities from a geopolitical and structural-engineering point of view. The potential of using modern methods to reconstruct and iterate upon the past is simply too..." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! Putting you to sleep, am I?" — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, speaking in terms that may be of interest to you... To develop technology to effectively seal Ganon, the infinite evil that has plagued Hyrule throughout time. We believe this can be achieved by studying and improving upon the creations of those who came before us." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)