Swords of Majora's Mask
There are five available swords in Majora's Mask. The Kokiri Sword, Razor Sword, Gilded Sword, Great Fairy's Sword, and Fierce Deity Sword. All are equipped under the B-button, with the exception of the Great Fairy's Sword, which is equipped as a separate item under the C-Buttons and, since it is double-handed, cannot be used in concurrence with a shield.
- Main article: Kokiri Sword
The Kokiri Sword is equipped by default at the beginning of Majora's Mask, and is the same Kokiri blade which Link used in Ocarina of Time. It is hindered both by a short range and a lack of power, but can be upgraded at the Snowhead Blacksmiths. Though Link begins the game with the Kokiri Sword equipped, he is unable to use it while transformed into a Deku Scrub.
- Main article: Razor Sword
The Razor Sword is obtained by upgrading the Kokiri Sword at the Snowhead Blacksmiths for 100 Rupees. It features a double blade, increased range, and double the strength. However, its edge will dull after one hundred strikes and become the Kokiri Sword once again. It is also impossible to return to the Dawn of the First Day with it, since doing so will cause it to revert back to the Kokiri Sword. Because of this, it is relatively useless to upgrade to the Razor Sword unless one intends to upgrade again to the Gilded Sword within the same three-day cycle.
- Main article: Gilded Sword
Once the Razor Sword is obtained, it is able to be upgraded to the Gilded Sword at the Snowhead Blacksmiths, so long as Link possesses the Gold Dust from the Goron Races and has at least twenty-four hours left in the current three-day cycle, as well as a few minutes extra to receive the upgraded Sword and save with the "Song of Time'. The Gilded Sword inflicts three times greater damage than the Kokiri Sword as well as possessing a farther reach, similar to the Master Sword's reach in Ocarina of Time. Unlike the Razor Sword, the Gilded Sword does not break after a certain amount of use and can be saved when playing the "Song of Time" and returning to the Dawn of the First Day, thus permanently replacing the Kokiri Sword. This is the most powerful Sword that can be equipped by an un-masked Link under the B-Button.
Great Fairy's Sword
- Main article: Great Fairy's Sword
Unlike the Kokiri Sword, Razor Sword, and Gilded Sword, the Great Fairy's Sword is equipped to the C-button as an item. Black roses are etched into its blade. It is a double-handed sword, and as such cannot be used in concurrence with a shield. To counter this disadvantage, the Great Fairy's Sword deals four times as much damage as the Kokiri Sword, similar to the Biggoron's Sword in Ocarina of Time—making it the most physically powerful sword in the game able to be used by an unmasked Link.
Fierce Deity Sword
- Main article: Fierce Deity Sword
When Link equips the Fierce Deity's Mask, he manifests the Fierce Deity Sword (鬼神リンク刀)—a powerful blade that is able to focus Link's magical power into a disk of light and release it during an attack.
- "Kokiri Sword - The trusty sword you're familiar with that's from Kokiri Forest." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Your Kokiri Sword has been strengthened and forged into a Razor Sword! This new, sharper blade is a cut above the rest. Use it up to 100 times without dulling its superior edge!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Your Razor Sword has been strengthened. Now it's a Gilded Sword! Newly forged, your sword is better than ever and will never break!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey, now that's a mean joke. Your sword has already been reforged into a Razor Sword! Unless... Do you want me to make your sword stronger? To do that, I'll need gold dust." — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
- "Great Fairy's Sword - The most powerful sword has black roses etched in its blade. Brandish it with (C)." — N/A (Majora's Mask)