Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- This article is about the recurring items named "Sword". For other Swords, see Sword (Disambiguation).
Toronbo Shores (LA)
Location and Uses
The Legend of Zelda
First appearing in The Legend of Zelda, the Sword can be obtained in a Cave in the very first area of the game. Inside, Link finds an Old Man who tells him to take the Sword because it is dangerous to travel alone. The Sword has two additional color variants which appear when Link wears either the Blue Ring or the Red Ring. The Sword can damage almost every enemy, but it is one of the weakest items in the game. However, the Sword can be replaced by the White Sword and then the Magical Sword, which each deal twice more damage than its predecessor. A Sword that is designed like a rapier is depicted on the Title Display of the game. It is not confirmed to be any of the Swords that can be obtained in the game.
The Sword in Link's Awakening is the first Sword that Link can obtain. It is from Link's previous adventures and has his name engraved on it. Link finds it on Toronbo Shores shortly after waking up after his crash on Koholint Island. By bringing 20 Secret Seashells to the Seashell Mansion, Link can replace it with the Level 2 Sword.
By holding his Sword out, Link can move while he keeps facing the same direction. If Link then releases his Sword, he will perform a Spin Attack attack, which deals more damage than a regular Sword blow.
Tri Force Heroes
The Sword in Tri Force Heroes is the Sword used by the Links. It changes appearance when certain Outfits are worn, such as the Sword Suit and the Sword Master Suit. While wearing the Fierce Deity Armor, the Sword becomes the Fierce Deity Sword. In addition, the Sword becomes a Telescope while wearing Linebeck's Uniform.
Breath of the Wild
The Sword in Breath of the Wild can be obtained randomly from a Treasure Chest dropped by scanning The Legend of Zelda Link amiibo with the amiibo Rune. It is described as a Sword that was once wielded by a hero in an ancient age. It looks as it does throughout the artwork of The Legend of Zelda.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||剣 (Ken)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Épée (LANS)||Same as English.|
|German||Schwert (LANS)||Same as English.|
|SpanishEU||Espada (LANS)||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Espada (LANS)||Same as English.|
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc. , pg. 10
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 140 (TLoZ | ALttP | LA | TFH)
A sword once wielded by a hero in an ancient age. When grasped, a strange sense of nostalgia washes over you. Take it when going alone would otherwise be dangerous." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS." — Old Man (The Legend of Zelda)
- "You found your Sword! It must be yours because it has your name engraved on it!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I am the spirit of the mansion. I have been waiting for someone to overcome the darkness. Find all the secret shells and go through the gate to receive the ultimate sword!" — Spirit of the Mansion (Link's Awakening DX)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 129
- Link's Awakening manual, pg. 18
- "'The Whirling Blade technique has been handed down from generation to generation by the family of the hero. To use it, hold down the Sword Button and build up your power. When you have enough, you can release the Button! Can you master this?'" — Secrets Of The Whirling Blade (Link's Awakening DX)
- Link's Awakening manual, pg. 19
- "Well that was a surprise! Hey! I'll tell you a secret! Use your sword to poke at dungeon walls... If you hear a hollow clank, you can break the wall with a Bomb!" — Talking Timber (Link's Awakening DX)
- "剣" — Nintendo, ゼルダの伝説 トライフォース３銃士 : 冒険ははるか長い道のり | ニンテンドー3DS | 任天堂, Official Japanese Site (Image), published n.d., retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Say, you're one hot swordsman. Which reminds me, I have just the gift for you for saving my life." — Sleezenose (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )
- "Gee, I don't know. It's been a pretty good sword." — Link (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )
- "Yes, but this sword is much better. For instance, it makes whoever carries it irresistible to ladies. If you know what I mean. [...] ESPECIALLY princesses." — Sleezenose (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )
- "It's a deal! Oh boy!" — Link (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )
- "Eeh! Get away from me, you stupid Patra! Link! Link! Where are you?" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )
- "The Sword Attack by pressing Button One to strike enemies. It is rumored that hidden in Koridai are ways to make your sword fire deadly Power Blasts." (The Faces of Evil manual, pg. 3)
- "Luckily, I brought my Smart Sword. It won't hurt anyone friendly. In fact, it makes them talk!" — Link (The Faces of Evil)
- "The Sword Attack by pressing Button One to strike enemies. It is rumored that hidden in Gamelon are ways to make your sword fire deadly Power Blasts." (The Wand of Gamelon manual, pg. 4)
- "Luckily, I brought my Smart Sword. It won't hurt anyone friendly. In fact, it makes them talk!" — Zelda (The Wand of Gamelon)