The Swimmer is a character in A Link Between Worlds.
The Swimmer is a man obsessed with swimming and stretching. He stands on an island in Lake Hylia in the southwest corner of Hyrule that is accessible by a log bridge. When spoken to, he calls Link's attention to the House of Gales and explains the use of the D-Pad to move the field of view. If Link tells the Swimmer that he has not seen the House of Gales, the Swimmer will tell the young hero that he needs to work on stretching with his thumb, hinting that the House of Gales is to the southeast. If Link tells him that he saw it, the Swimmer will tell that there is no way to reach it by land. After Link receives the Zora's Flippers, the Swimmer will remind the young hero to dive.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Jeune homme du lac|
|German||Typ am See|
|Italian||Ragazzo del lago|
- "Aaaaaand...STRETCH! Hey, guy. You seem like you get around a lot. Don't forget to do your stretches, OK? What, it's not your stretches that are troubling you? Then it must be that building over there, right?" — Swimmer (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Huh, whaddya mean, which one? The one with the windmill. You can see it if you use [D-Pad]!" — Swimmer (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Now you saw it, right? That building with the windmill? [Didn't see it] Say again? You can't see it? Then you'd better get to stretchin'! I mean with your thumb. Stretch it to the left, then the right, and when it's good and limber...then press [D-Pad] both [Right] and [Down] at once." — Swimmer (A Link Between Worlds)
- "[Saw it] There's no way to get to that windmill place by land. So that's why I learned to swim. Now I can get there anytime--as long as I keep up with my stretching." — Swimmer (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Hey, have you been swimming around? Well done, guy! But have you tried diving yet? Just keep up with your stretching, and you'll be ready for anything in the water!" — Swimmer (A Link Between Worlds)
- "You can swim across to reach that building, but you can't get in. Ah, but don't give up now! Maybe you just need to stretch some more?" — Swimmer (A Link Between Worlds)