The engraving of the "Sun's Song" on the Royal Family's Tomb
|Other Media||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Instrument(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Power(s)||Speeding up time|
Turning night to day and day to night
|Learned in||Royal Family's Tomb (OoT)|
|Related songs||"Song of Passing"|
"Song of Double Time"
The "Sun's Song" is a recurring Song in The Legend of Zelda series. The "Sun's Song" goes unnamed in Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Learning Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
The song is composed by the Composer Brothers, Flat and Sharp. Assigned by the Royal Family of Hyrule to study the mystic powers of the family, this melody is the result of Flat and Sharp each studying a different song: one to summon the sun, and another to summon the moon.
The "Sun's Song" can be learned from entering the Royal Family's Tomb in the Graveyard of Kakariko Village. However, Link can only enter the inside of the tomb after playing Zelda's Lullaby on top of the Triforce mark. The notes for the "Sun's Song" are scratched on a wall at the end of the crypt along with a poem. When played on either the Fairy Ocarina or the Ocarina of Time, the "Sun's Song" will allow Link to change night to day, or day to night. It can also freeze ReDeads and Gibdos inside the room within which the melody is played.
When this melody is played, one of two things can happen to the surrounding area and Link's location. In areas where time flows normally, Link will remain in his current location, whereas in locations where time normally stands still, Link is returned to the entrance to that area. Examples of these effects are Hyrule Field and Kakariko Village, respectively. When the "Sun's Song" is played in Hyrule Field, Link stays where he is, and the sun quickly sets before the moon is summoned. When this melody is played in Kakariko Village, however, the screen goes black, and when Link is visible again he is at the entrance of Kakariko Village. This song is especially useful for completing the Gold Skulltula token side quest, as they are only found on the overworld during night.
Since its introduction in Ocarina of Time, the "Sun's Song" has become the song to signify morning in several games.[which?]
The notes of the "Sun's Song" signify morning before the a given area's main theme begins. While the Song is not playable on the Ocarina of Time, its function of skipping to the next morning or night is fulfilled by the "Song of Double Time".
The Wind Waker
- The Sun's Song is heard at the beginning of the Hyrule Field and Termina Field themes.
- It is possible that the Sun's Song was supposed to appear in Majora's Mask due to it being found on the files and may have been replaced by the Song of Double Time, given their same functions. Unlike the Song of Double Time, the Sun's Song can be used on the Night of the Final Day and will result in a Game Over if Link does not stop it by going into another area.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||太陽の歌 (Taiyou no Uta)|
|FrenchEU||Chant du Soleil||Chant of the Sun|
|German||Hymne der Sonne||Anthem of the Sun|
|Italian||Canto del sole|
|SpanishEU||Canción del Sol||Sun's Song|
- "You played the Sun's Song." — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Something else is inscribed on the tombstone... It's the secret melody of the Composer Brothers!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "We brothers also served the Royal Family, and were assigned to study the hereditary mystic powers of the family. Though we never could figure out the power of the Triforce, we had almost completed our study of controlling time with the tones of ocarinas. Uh, I mean... Actually, we did complete that study!" — Composer Brothers (Ocarina of Time)
- "To tell the truth, each of us was studying a different song, one to summon the sun and another to summon the moon." — Composer Brothers (Ocarina of Time)
- "The rising sun will eventually set, A newborn's life will fade. From sun to moon, moon to sun... Give peaceful rest to the living dead." — Inscription (Ocarina of Time)
- "Like I told you before, with that song, you can turn day to night or night to day whenever you want. When you're in darkness, that song should bring the sun's light to you. You should try it." — Composer Brothers (Ocarina of Time)
- "Restless souls wander where they don't belong, bring them calm with the Sun's Song." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) - Beta Code Fun - Sun's Song & Saria's Song YouTube