Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Oceanside Spider House
Cave of Ordeals
Ocarina of Time
Stalchildren appear in Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time. They spawn only at night while Link is a child and disappear at sunrise. They will not appear if Link is wearing the Bunny Hood or if he walks on the a Road. Stalchildren attack in pairs, and if one falls before the other, another Stalchild may spawn in its place if Link takes too long to destroy the other. Each time 10 Stalchildren are defeated, a larger one will spawn alongside a regular sized Stalchild. Stalchildren can be defeated with two hits, regardless of size. If Link attacks a Stalchild from the front, it will lose its head and begin wandering around blindly.
Stalchildren are of the Ikana race in Majora's Mask. They haunt the Ikana Graveyard and are the fallen soldiers of the Ikana Kingdom. Their general is Captain Keeta, but they will mistake anyone that wears the Captain's Hat for their leader. By wearing the Captain's Hat, the Stalchildren will ask Link whether they should open or guard the grave, mentioning that they already had an order from Captain Keeta to guard it. In the Oceanside Spider House, Stalchildren will reveal the solution to the house's puzzle, ultimately leading to a Piece of Heart.
Stalfos appear in various stages in Four Swords. They attack by throwing their bones at the Links. Their movement is slow but they are able to leap out of the way of attacks. Stalchildren commonly appear in small groups.
Stalchildren appear in the Arbiter's Grounds and the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess. They emerge from the ground in large groups and attack with small spears. They can be destroyed with almost any weapon, though Link's Sword is the most effective, especially when the Spin Attack is utilized.
Link's Crossbow Training
Stalchildren appear in the "Gerudo Stalfos: Defender" Stage of Level 1 and "Hyrule Castle: Defender" Stage of Level 4 in Link's Crossbow Training. They rise from the ground to attack Link with their spears, along with Stalfos. Stalchildren can be taken out with one hit, but will swarm in massive numbers as time runs out.
- The laugh of Stalchildren in Ocarina of Time is actually a sped up version of Phantom Ganon's laugh.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||スタルベビー (Sutaru Bebī)||Stalbaby|
|ChineseSI||骷髅宝宝 (Kūlóu Bǎobao)||Skull Baby|
|FrenchCA||Sakdoss (MM3D)||A play on "sac d'os", meaning bag of bones|
|A play on "sac d'os", meaning bag of bones|
- They are referred to as Stalkins in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide by Prima Games. However, as the enemy's name was officially stated in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 206 (OoT | OoT3D | MM | MM3D | FS | TP | TPHD)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 20
- "It's a Stalchild. They were the cursed soldiers of the Kingdom of Ikana...What are you gonna do?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Huh? Oh, Captain! E-excuse me, sir!" — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- "Aah! Captain, sir!!! Excuse me, sir! Everyone, give the captain your attention! We haven't seen you in some time, captain, sir! As per your orders, sir, we've been guarding these graves closely. We have all been expecting your next order, sir." — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah! Captain, sir! It's been a long time since we've seen you! As you have ordered, sir, we are investigating the secrets of this place." — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- SavestateYT, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Stalchild Laugh Slowed Down, Youtube (Video), published August 14, 2013, retrieved November 28, 2018.