Stalkin from Twilight Princess
Oceanside Spider House
Cave of Ordeals
Ocarina of Time
They spawn only at night while Link is a child, and disappear immediately at sunrise. They will not appear while Link is wearing the Bunny Hood, nor will they appear while Link is on the road. They attack in pairs, and if one falls before the other, another Stalchild may spawn in its place, but only if Link takes too long to destroy the surviving Stalchild. Each time ten Stalchildren are defeated, a larger one will spawn alongside a regular sized Stalchild, much like Guays and Leevers. Due to the time it takes to spawn pairs of Stalchildren and the time from dusk till dawn, Link can only defeat two of the larger Stalchildren. The second large Stalchild will be larger than the first, and offers a larger Rupee reward for its defeat. Once Link becomes an adult, Poes haunt the field in their place.
These skeletal warriors bear no armor other than a Cingulum militare. Each Stalchild, regardless of size, can only take two hits. If Link attacks the Stalchild from the front, it will lose its head and begin wandering around blindly without aim.
In Majora's Mask, Stalchildren are of the Ikana race. They haunt the Ikana Graveyard and are the fallen soldiers of the Ikana Kingdom. Their general is Captain Keeta, but they will mistake anyone that wears the Captain's Hat for their leader. By wearing the Captain's Hat, the Stalchildren will ask Link whether they should open or guard the grave, mentioning that they already had an order from Captain Keeta to guard it. While this is their most major role in the game, they also have a slight role in the Oceanside Spider House, where each of the Stalchildren in there will reveal the solution to the house's puzzle, ultimately leading to a Piece of Heart.
In Twilight Princess, they are known as Stalkin. They are miniature skeleton enemies similar in appearance to Stalfos found in the Arbiter's Grounds and the Cave of Ordeals. Stalkin emerge from the ground in large groups and attack with small spears. While individually they are weak, they can be quite bothersome in groups. They can be destroyed with almost any weapon, though Link's Sword is arguably the most effective for dealing with their large groups, especially when the Spin Attack is utilized.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||スタルベビー (Sutaru Bebī)||Stalbaby|
|ChineseSI||骷髅宝宝 (Kūlóu Bǎobao)||Skull Baby|
|FrenchCA||Sakdoss (MM3D)||Potentially a play on "sac d'os", meaning bag of bones|
|Potentially a play on "sac d'os", meaning bag of bones|
- "It's a Stalchild. They were the cursed soldiers of the Kingdom of Ikana...What are you gonna do?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Huh? Oh, Captain! E-excuse me, sir!" — A Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- "Aah! Captain, sir!!! Excuse me, sir! Everyone, give the captain your attention! We haven't seen you in some time, captain, sir! As per your orders, sir, we've been guarding these graves closely. We have all been expecting your next order, sir." — A Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah! Captain, sir! It's been a long time since we've seen you! As you have ordered, sir, we are investigating the secrets of this place." — A Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- SavestateYT, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Stalchild Laugh Slowed Down, Youtube (Video), published August 14, 2013, retrieved November 28, 2018.