Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Features and Overview
Stables are places where travelers, such as Link, can register and board Wild Horses that they have tamed. In addition, these travelers can seek lodging inside the Stable's main room. The owner of a Stable can instruct Link on how to capture Wild Horses, should he need to know. All Stables are connected through a network across Hyrule, allowing Link to call a registered Horse to any of the Stables he visits.
To register a Horse, Link must first catch and domesticate a Wild Horse and bring it to a Stable before speaking to the Stable owner. It is not necessary to ride a Horse while speaking to the Stable owner to register it, as Link can simply bring the Horse near the Stable and speak to the owner. During the registration process, Link is able to view the Horse's qualities, which are based on Strength, Speed, Stamina, Temperament, and Bond to Link, as well as the Horse's headshot. He is also able to name his Horse at this point, provided the name fits within a nine character text limit. Stables only allow patrons to carry a maximum of five Horses, though Horses can be swapped at any time. Stables charge a fee of 20 Rupees each time a Horse is registered to fund their conservation efforts as well as cover the cost of a Saddle and Bridle, which, once paid for, will be automatically put on Link's Horse. After registering a Horse, Link is given the option to board it or to take it with him.
List of Stables
- "Do you...know how to catch a wild horse? [I know how.] Oh, pardon me. Let me start over... Welcome to our stable. If you've come with a wild horse, you can register it with us here. Or if you want to stay for a rest, please head to the counter inside." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "Welcome to my stable. We deal in all things horse related. We also double as an inn. Huh... I haven't seen your face before. Do you know about the stable system? [I don't.] Then allow me to explain." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can board your horse companions with us and then summon them as you please from our network of stables." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "You may have come across wild horses during your travels... If you catch one and ride it here to register it, it will become your horse companion. One person can board up to five horses, and you're able to swap horses in and out as you please." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "So what'll it be? [Register horse.] Gotcha. You sure this is the one? [Yes.] Not a problem." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "So what'll it be? [Register horse.] Gotcha. You sure this is the one? [Yes.] Not a problem. We charge a registration fee to help support our conservation efforts. The fee also gets you a locally made saddle and bridle for your horse. The fee is 20 rupees. Is that OK? [Yes.] Thanks. Please enter a name for your horse." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "Are you sure you want to name this horse [NAME]? [Yes.] Your registration is complete. Would you like to take your new horse with you? [Board horse.] Thank you. We'll see you next time." — Embry (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's pretty clear that the stables in this world, this wild world, are places where human beings congregate. People—of all races, really—come here, and as you see, I'm just talking to this guy. There's a lot you can learn about the world and a lot that you might need to do in the world when you interact with all the people in the stables." —Nate Bihldorff (Nintendo Treehouse Live with Nintendo Switch)