We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Spirits of Light
|Spirits of Light|
|Attributes||Guardians of the provinces of Ordona, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru|
The Spirits of Light, also known simply as the Light Spirits, are the spirits that watch over each of the four provinces of Hyrule in Twilight Princess. They guard the provinces of Ordona, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru. Only people who are brave can see them.
The Spirits of Light were set to Hyrule to contain the light that sustains it. When Link restores the light to the Lanayru Province, Lanayru tells the legend of the Twili. Long ago, a tribe of Dark Interlopers who excelled in the dark magical arts tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm in order to gain the power of the Triforce. However, the Golden Goddesses asked three of the Spirits of Light to intervene. The spirit of Ordona was not included due to it not being part of Hyrule proper. The Spirits of Light sealed away the tribe's magic into the Fused Shadow and the interlopers were chased across Hyrule into the Gerudo Desert. It was then the tribe was banished into the Twilight Realm by the Gods at Arbiter's Grounds to be sealed away forever. However, the Gods left one link between the two worlds, the Mirror of Twilight, which was to be guarded by six Sages.
During the game, Link must rid the land of Hyrule from the Twilight by restoring the Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru Spirits of Light through collecting Tears of Light scattered across each province. The Spirits of Light prove essential in Link and Midna's quest to find the Fused Shadows, as only they have knowledge of where these objects are located. The Spirits of Light also appear in the final battle against Ganondorf as they combine their powers to create the Light Arrows. After Ganondorf is defeated, they appear before Link and Zelda, seemingly having resurrected Midna.
- During development, the Spirits of Light had the head of a beast and the body of a human.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Spiriti della luce||Spirits of light|
- "It's only visible to the brave, so a swordsman might be able to see it." — Woman in Castle Town (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh, no, I don't believe he's from Hyrule proper at all. No, my understanding is that he's from the small neighboring province of Ordona." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "Though the goddesses forbade us to return to the world of light, they left one link between the light and the darkness. Something called the Mirror of Twilight was passed to the protectors of Hyrule..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "These are now the divine Light Spirits... In the past, they had head of a beast, and body of a human... It's a rare sight to be able to see these spirits in their growth period..." — Official Japanese Zelda Twitter, , Twitter, published February 1, 2016, retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "The Surface is divided into three regions. Each region is named after one of the dragons, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, who protect the Sacred Flames." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 74)
- "Hyrule Castle, located in Lanayru Province, sits at the heart of the world. The provinces known as Lanayru, Faron, Eldin, and Ordona bear the same names as they did in the Era of the Goddess Hylia. They are protected by the Light Spirits who share their names." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 116)