Spirits of Good
|Spirits of Good|
The people being protected by the Spirits of Good
Spirits of Good, as they are referred to in Spirit Tracks, are never seen but often mentioned. They live in the heavens watching over the people of Hyrule, and they played a major role in the Spirit War, a war that ensued between the Demon King and the Spirits of Good.
- See also: Spirit War
In the beginning, the people of the land followed and worshiped the Spirits of Good, living a life of prosperity and peace; however, the evil Demon King suddenly rose to power and attacked the land, ending the era of peace and destroying everything in his path. The Spirits of Good had no choice but to come down from the heavens and ensue in a long and bloody battle with him. Although the spirits were powerful, they could not destroy the Demon King: they were only able to subdue him, and by that time, the power of the Spirits of Good had been depleted greatly. They used their remaining power to bury the spirit of the Demon King in the ground, building shackles known as the Spirit Tracks and a tower that acted as a lock. With their powers almost completely gone, the Spirits of Good returned to their home in the heavens, leaving the land deprived of both demons and spirits.
The Lokomo are servants of these spirits. The Spirits sent the Lokomo to Hyrule and entrusted them to take care of the land due to their absence, leaving the Lokomo with a number of tools to help with this burden, specifically the Spirit Train, the Bow of Light, and the Compass of Light. Moreover, the Lokomo Sword was handed over to them as well, which is a sword that is infused with sacred energy that had only been used by the spirits to battle evil.
Symbol of the Spirits
The emblem of the Spirits of Good is depicted to be a Force Gem on top of a pedestal and appears on various items and places that have some connection to the Spirits. It should be noted that while the Triforce, which is considered to be the famous emblem of Hyrule and its Royal Family, is nowhere to be seen, the symbol of the Spirits appears throughout many places of the kingdom, most notably, in front of the Spirit Train, atop the Tower of Spirits, and in the middle of the Rail Map. As such, it is also sometimes referred to as the crest of the "new Hyrule." Since the Lokomo are servants of the Spirits, the small vehicles they ride on depict the Spirits' symbol in the front as well.
Whenever Link clears a temple, a Force Gem is unlocked, and a pedestal in which it rests emerges from the ground. This is the same symbol as the Spirits', which further illustrates their influence around the kingdom. It is interesting to note that the Lokomo Sword's hilt is specifically shaped like the symbol of the spirits, as well as Bow of Light and the shield used by Link, which has a more intricate and elaborated pedestal along with the Force Gem. Moreover, the Warp Gates that appear throughout the overworld also bear the emblem all along the arc that supports the gem at the top.
- The drawing of the Spirits of Good in the prologue of Spirit Tracks bears a striking resemblance to Anjean.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||光の神 (Hikari no Kami)||Gods of Light|
- "This is a tale from long ago. It's the tale of the first settlers of this land. In the beginning, the people followed the spirits of good, and all was peaceful. But that era of peace soon came to an end. The evil Demon King rose to power, destroying everything in his path." — Introduction (Spirit Tracks)
- "The spirits of good had no choice but to face him in battle. The war that ensued seemed to last an eternity, and much blood was shed. Finally, the spirits subdued the Demon King, though they could not destroy him. Their powers were greatly depleted." — Introduction (Spirit Tracks)
- "With their remaining power, they buried the Demon King's spirit in the ground. They built shackles to imprison him, and a tower that acted as a lock. These shackles cover the land to this day." — Introduction (Spirit Tracks)
- "With their power drained, the spirits of good returned to the heavens. Suddenly bereft of both demons and spirits, this land was entrusted to us." — Introduction (Spirit Tracks)
- "Besides, our kind are the servants of the spirits. We don't disappear that easily." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "The spirits sent us here to continue their work!" — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "This, my dear, is the spirits' train. They entrusted us with its keeping." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "This Lokomo Sword was a gift from one of the spirits. As such, it is filled with sacred energy. It has felled many evil creatures in its lifetime. Until now, only the spirits have wielded this blade..." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)