The types of Lures that can be legally used in Twilight Princess
Attract variety of fish more easily
Lures are recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series.[name reference missing] They can be set to Fishing Rods while Lure Fishing. Although all fishing rods come with their standard Lure, Link can set a variety of lures to attract a variety of Fish more easily.
Types of Lures
In Twilight Princess, the Swimmer Lure is the default fishing apparatus used. This Lure bobs up and down to attract all types of Fish. This Lure, however, cannot attract deep-water dwelling Fish, it seems to be modelled after a "Walking Lure".
In Twilight Princess, the Popper Lure is a step up from the Swimmer Lure, having the ability to attract mainly deep-water dwelling Fish by using a highly aggravating popping sound at the surface of the water in order to scare more sensitive Fish away.
Appearing only in Twilight Princess, the Spinner Lure is used to attract nervous fish by splashing the water making lots of noise. It looks like a minnow, but has propellers on its front and back. These propellers make enough noise on the surface of the water, making shy Fish come up and take a bite. This Lure is the best lure to use when trying to catch the Hylian Pike, despite it's name, it's modelled after a "Propeller Lure".
The Frog Lure is a secret fishing lure that can only be unlocked by beating eight rounds of the first level of the Rollgoal game in Twilight Princess. It can be seen hanging on the wall behind Hena in the fishing hut. It is in the shape of a frog which is good food for large fish. This is the only Lure that can catch the Hylian Loach legally, and it's also a good choice for catching the Hyrule Bass. However, this lure is hard to control, and excellent skill with the controls is needed to get it to function properly. Unlike other lures, once a fish goes for the Frog Lure, Link must let the Fish nibble on the Lure for a bit before trying to hook it; otherwise, the Fish will lose interest and escape.
- Main article: Sinking Lure
The Sinking Lure is a fishing Lure found in Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask 3D. This Lure is illegal to use when fishing, so Link must be careful not to get caught. However, in Majora's Mask 3D, it is available for legitimate use and appears to be legal, as the Fishing Hole Men offer it as an option when Link fishes at either one of the Fishing Holes.
Big Catch Lure
- Main article: Big Catch Lure
In Phantom Hourglass, the Big Catch Lure is a Lure that the Old Wayfarer can give to Link if he proves himself to be dedicated to fishing by showing him the Loovar. With this Lure, Link can catch larger Fish and even the legendary Neptoona.
- "The back-and-forth action attracts all types of fish." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "The call of this sound-making lure is great for big fish in deep waters." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "The call of this lure's propeller is a siren song to nervous fish." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "You can only use a frog lure if you beat the Rollgoal game I designed! And you have to beat EVERY level!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "The must-have lure for bass." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "If you try to hook a fish too quickly with the frog lure, you might lose it... That's what makes it so hard. You might want to give it a little more time before you try to hook it." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "The rod with the sinking lure, then? Nice. Just the ticket fer catchin' fishies who hang out near the bottom of the water. Them bottom dwellers." — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)