Features and Overview
The Southern Swamp is home to the Deku Scrubs and is ruled by a fierce Deku King who resides in the Deku Palace. When Link first enters Southern Swamp, the water is poisoned due to the curse of the Woodfall Temple.
There is a second entrance leading into the Swamp that is accessible through a river in Ikana Canyon.
Swamp Tourist Center
- Main article: Swamp Tourist Center
The Swamp Tourist Center, which is located right at the center of the Southern Swamp, holds a special Boat Cruise; however, since Koume, the person in charge, has gone missing, the cruise is on hold. When Link rescues the old lady from the woods, the Boat Cruise will be running again, and Link can take it to reach the Deku Palace. It is open on all hours.
Magic Hags' Potion Shop
- Main article: Magic Hags' Potion Shop
The sorceress sisters Koume and Kotake operate the Magic Hags' Potion Shop, which is located between the entrance to Southern Swamp and the Woods of Mystery. It is open from 6 AM to 6 PM. Link must visit the Potion Shop and report to Kotake that her sister is injured in the Woods of Mystery, to which Kotake will give him a Bottle with Red Potion so that he can take it to Koume and heal her.
Woods of Mystery
- Main article: Woods of Mystery
Past the Magic Hags' Potion Shop is the Woods of Mystery, a maze-like area where Koume is injured due to an attack by the Skull Kid. Link must travel to the Woods of Mystery and give Koume a Red Potion to revitalize her, who will in turn offer Link a free boat cruise ride to the Deku Palace.
Swamp Spider House
- Main article: Swamp Spider House
Located in one of the areas of Southern Swamp is the Swamp Spider House. Link must collect all thirty Gold Skulltula Tokens here to lift the curse from the Cursed Rich Man and to receive the Mask of Truth.
- Main article: Deku Palace
Deku Palace is situated deep within the Southern Swamp and is where the entire Deku Royal Family can be found. Link will only be granted entry as Deku Link, and even then is only authorized to enter the hall and Royal Chamber. The gardens are heavily patrolled by Deku guards, and will kick Link out of the palace if they catch him, even as a Deku.
- Main article: Woodfall
Woodfall is a murky bog that is home to the submerged Woodfall Temple. Its poisonous waters make it difficult for Link to get around the area; he must carefully walk on top of the planks and use the Deku Flower of defeated Deku Scrubs in order to reach a raised altar where playing the "Sonata of Awakening" will raise the forgotten temple from beneath the water.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ChineseSI||沼地 (Zhǎodì)[verification needed]||Swamp|
|ChineseTR||沼地 (Zhǎodì)[verification needed]||Swamp|
|FrenchCA||Marais du Sud (MM3D)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Marais du Sud||Same as English.|
|German||Sümpfe des Vergessens||Swamps of Madness|
|SpanishEU||Pantano del Sur (MM)
Pantano del sur (MM3D)
|Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Pantano del sur (MM3D)||Same as English.|
- "Magic Hags' Potion Shop / Preparing for business. / Open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "I was just busy minding my own business, picking mushrooms, when... BAM! I got hit from behind! That pesky Skull Kid!" — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "Ooh! Feel the energy flow! Koume is revived!!! You saved me! I'm the swamp tour guide. I run the boat cruise, so come by if you want a free ride." — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "This is the royal palace of the Deku Kingdom. This is no place for outsiders." — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "Follow this hall straight to the Royal Chamber. Do not enter any other areas whatsoever!" — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "Although much seems familiar in this parallel world, the land of Termina is not a mirror image of Hyrule. At its center is Clock Town. Paths radiate out from the hub, leading to adventures and dungeons where Link will face some of the main enemy characters. The outer regions include the Marsh Land, Woodfall, Termina Field, Pirate Fortress and Deku Palace among many others." (Nintendo Power Volume 134 (Nintendo Power), pg. 55)