The South Shore is a location in Oracle of Ages.
Features and Overview
The South Shore is a beach region of Labrynna, home to only two inhabitants: Rafton, a sailing enthusiast, and Cheval, an inventor of water-based items, in the past. The South Shore is located south of the Black Tower and east of Fairy Woods. In both time periods, the South Shore is mainly a transitional region, that exists primarily to connect the lanscapes of Lynna Village in the past, Lynna City in the present (both to the north), and the southern sea regions during both time periods. In the present, South Shore's landscape and region splits in two regions, the lower half taking the same name, and the upper half going by South Lynna.
The main sidequest of Oracle of Ages takes Link deep into this region: Rafton hands Link the Sea Ukulele after trading over the Magic Oar Link had received from Maple, Syrup's assistant, to Rafton's surprise: he had hinted at needing an oar if he was ever to enter himself in a raft race, earlier in the game. These two items prolong and continue the very sidequest that ends at the Noble Sword, and like this region as a whole, only serve as transitional pieces.
In a Linked Game, a woman appears in South Lynna next to the Ember Tree. She will gives Link the Clock Shop Secret. In the past, a little girl with the Pirate Secret appears south of the Black Tower.
| Names in Other Regions
||Plage du Sud
||Sud de Lynna
The South Shore as seen in the present
- ↑ Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 255
- ↑ "I am Rafton. My dream is to make fine rafts that can sail the seas!" — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "I am Cheval. I am researching items for use in water. Before I die, I want to finish my work on flippers for swimming and rope that won't decay in water." — Cheval (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "In exchange... I know! How's this? Lazily playing guitar while gazing at the moon is so nice." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "You got the Sea Ukulele! It has a sweet, sea scent!" — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "I'm thinking of entering a raft race, but I haven't been able to find a decent oar to race with.." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)