Song of Healing
|Song of Healing|
Healing souls and turns them into masks (MM)
Calling the Golden Wolf (TP)
Healing Link (ST)
Location and Uses
In Majora's Mask, the "Song of Healing" is taught to Link by the Happy Mask Salesman after Link, cursed in the shape of a Deku Scrub, retrieves the stolen Ocarina of Time from Skull Kid. The notes of the song heal Link's soul, and the young hero returns to his Hylian form. The Deku Mask then materializes and is kept as a memento of his time as a Deku. Link utilizes the song many times thereafter, as it has the capability of healing a soul and giving peace to those who cannot forget.
Frequently, using the "Song of Healing" on tormented individuals yields a mask. The Goron warrior Darmani III and the Zora guitarist Mikau each grant Link the use of their mortal bodies through transformation masks in return for his promise to aid their people. The spirits, finally at ease, depart to the afterlife as Link watches over their graves.
The "Song of Healing" is also used to heal Kamaro—a dancer's ghost found in Termina Field— and the researcher in Ikana Valley. If the song is played to the Poe Collector in the Spirit House, he will lower the price of his mini-game from 30 to 10 Rupees, while commenting that not all spirits can be healed by that song.
It will also repair broken signs upon being played near them.
In Spirit Tracks, the "Song of Healing" is learned at the entrance to the Forest Temple. If it is not learned there, there are other opportunities at the entrances to some, but not all of the other temples. However, the song itself sounds and functions entirely differently. Playing it with the Spirit Flute while in a dungeon causes the Spirit of Healing to appear and heal Link completely. It can only be used once per dungeon.
- When Link plays the "Song of Healing" in the European version of Spirit Tracks, it says that he played the "Song of Recovery".
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||いやしの歌 (Iyashi no Uta)||Same as English.|
|FrenchCA||Chant de l'apaisement (MM3D)||Song of appeasement|
|FrenchEU||Chant de l'Apaisement (MM)
Chant de la guérison
|Song of Appeasement|
Same as English.
|German||Lied der Befreiung (MM)
|Song of Liberation|
|Italian||Melodia del ristoro||Melody of refreshment|
|SpanishEU||Canción de Curación||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Canción de curación (MM3D | ST)||Song of healing|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 96 (MM) & 97 (TP | ST)
- "You got the Deku Mask to keep as a memento!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "This is a melody that heals evil magic and troubled spirits, turning them into masks." — Happy Mask Salesman (Majora's Mask)
- "What a soothing melody... My sorrows are melting away into the song." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "Baby! If I die like this... Even if I die... It won't be in peace... That's for suuure! Somebody, please rescue her eggs before the pirates take their toll. Oh, somebody, somebody, please heal my soul." — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "I leave my undying feelings with you..." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "For the Goron Village... I have asked for your assistance..." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm depending on you to help that singer girl..." — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "The deeds I accomplished while living are carved on my grave. You should read it." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "Carve my farewell song on my grave... " — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "I am no longer part of the living...My sadness to the moon... I haven't left my dance to the world...I am filled with regret." — Kamaro (Majora's Mask)
- "This mummy looks different... Sorta like it's here waiting for its human heart to be healed." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "You cannot heal all souls with that song. The earthly cost to you will be 30 Rupees! I'd like to be able to take that much... But I shall take 10 Rupees..." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Hmm? Somehow, my heart is eased. This melody has a serenity to it... And yet... To one of the dead and darkness, like myself, a song like that no longer holds meaning for me." — Sharp (Majora's Mask)
- "The Spirit of Healing can't help you more than once..." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "You got the Song of Healing! Play it in a dungeon to restore your hearts one time." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)