Features and Overview
The Snowfield Stable lies in the middle of the road between the Great Hyrule Forest and the Tabantha Frontier that runs through the S. Tabantha Snowfield in the Tabantha Tundra. In a small crater to the west is the Rin Oyaa Shrine, which makes a convenient Travel Gate to the Stable when activated. The Snowfield Stable contains every amenity characteristic to Stables, including Horse services, lodging, and a Cooking Pot, owned by Danton, for Cooking. There are three Hylian Retrievers at the Stable. Two are black and white and stay near to the Cooking Pot and in front of Varke. The third is bluish gray and stays next to the boarded Horses. Two of the Retrievers will lead Link to hidden treasure if Link befriends them by feeding them three pieces of meat or fruit when they are happy. The black and white Retriever near the Cooking Pot will lead Link to a metallic Treasure Chest southwest of the Stable containing a Star Fragment. The bluish gray Retriever next to the boarded Horses will head north of the Stable to a Chest with a Feathered Spear. A poster showing a Recipe for Spicy Mushroom Rice Balls hangs on the northern wall inside the Stable.
The Stable is run by Varke, who mans both its Horse services and lodging. As with all other Stables, Beedle can occasionally be found here selling his wares. Two other merchants, Kanny and Yammo can also occasionally stop by one of the Campfires to sell their wares.
Juannelle can be found at the back of the Stable. She traveled to the north looking for a Stalhorse but can't cope with the freezing Temperatures. If Link agrees to find it for her, the "Stalhorse: Pictured!" Side Quest will begin. Upon retrieving a picture of a Stalhorse and showing it to her, she will reward Link with a Silver Rupee, valued at 100 Rupees. Juannelle will also give information on some pitch-black ruins and the far edge of the Hebra Mountains.
When the Weather is clear, Danton and Harlow can found next to Danton's Cooking Pot. Danton is obsessed with the Sword that Seals the Darkness while Harlow believes there's more to being a hero than the sword you wield.
Occasionally, travelers will stop to rest at the Stable. The Shield Surfer Baumar will dismount from his Horse, Bamboo, and stand by one of the Campfires on his way to the Hebra Mountains. The search for the Dragon's Road brings Nazbi and his Horse, Dauntless, to the Stable. Nazbi will dismount from Dauntless and wait by a Campfire before heading back towards Serenne Stable and eventually Tabantha Bridge Stable to resume his search. Falmark, an older Shield Surfer, may rest at a table inside the Stable during his journey to the Mountains. Ronn will travel to the Stable, searching for a Dragon. He will dismount from his Horse and rest at a Campfire before continuing his search and heading back to Serenne Stable.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||雪原の馬宿 (Setsugen no Umayado)||Same as English.|
|FrenchCA||Relais des prairies gelées|
|FrenchEU||Relais des prairies gelées|
|German||Stall des Schneelands|
|Italian||Stallaggio del nevaio|
|Russian||Конюшня «Снежная» (Konyushnya «Snezhnaya»)|
|SpanishEU||Posta de la estepa|
|SpanishLA||Posta de la estepa|
- "If you plan to roam the Hebra Mountains, you should make some food to help you withstand the extreme cold. Feel free to use my cooking pot outside. Going to a snowy mountain unprepared is unacceptable for a true adventurer!" — Danton (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've traveled to the east and the west in my great hunt for information, and now I find myself here in the freezing north... I heard there was a Stalhorse in this area, but I can't take it any longer! It's too cold to look anymore!" — Juannelle (Breath of the Wild)
- "[A Stalhorse?] Beep-beep! You just set off Juannelle's intuition sensors! You're interested in the Stalhorse too, huh? I just wanted to see this creepy Stalhorse monster once with my own eyes! If it really does exist, it'd be such a big scoop! But... Well, I can handle all kinds of dangers and hazards, but this cold... Brrr, I can't stand it! Can you handle this task for me? I'll even reward you! All I need is a picture! Or some notes!" — Juannelle (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I can do it.] Good answer! There's a rumor it can be found with Stalkoblins in the North Tabantha Snowfield. Some have reported it aaaaall the way on the other side of the snow field to the east, right in front of those bizarre ruins. Good luck! I'm really counting on you!" — Juannelle (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Tell me about the ruins.] Light is unable to enter these ruins for some reason. It's said that you can't see an inch ahead, even during the day! There must be some mysterious power behind this phenomenon, don't you think? I can only wonder at what's hiding within those ruins... But finding whatever it is would certainly make you famous! Where is it? It should be past Mount Drena if you're heading toward the Eldin Mountains." — Juannelle (Breath of the Wild)
- "[The far edge, eh?] There was an adventurer who pledged to journey to the northwesternmost part of Hyrule... To the very edge of the Hebra Mountains. This adventurer went north of the mountain range as far as possible and then west... However, steep cliffs and raging winds stood in the way. The adventurer was forced to turn back. Upon returning, I posed a question to the adventurer. I said, "Why go so far out there?" "Because I wanted to know what was there!" was the adventurer's reply. I must admit, I don't think that'd be enough for me. I can't believe someone would want to go into the cold unknown." — Juannelle (Breath of the Wild)
- "A traveler, eh? Can you spare a minute to listen to a bored, old retiree tell a story?" — Monkton (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's every dreamer's dearest dream, isn't it? Having a sword that shoots light all like WHAM and mows down all kinds of monsters like KAPOW would be amazing! I mean, even the name—the sword that seals the darkness—is just the coolest thing ever!" — Danton (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ugh, why do some people equate the unnecessary pursuit of power with some childish dream of adventure? That sword may be good for slaying monsters, sure, but it's not like a sword alone makes a hero. Ya know?" — Harlow (Breath of the Wild)
- "My name is Nazbi, treasure *clack-clack* hunter and *chatter-chatter* adventurer extraordinaire! This cold... *chatter-clack* I can't stop my *clack-clack* teeth from chattering... My search for the dragon's road has frozen over. *chatter-clack* All I can do is wait out the cold right here. Heigh-ho, Dauntless, my *clack-clack* cold-yet-noble steed! *clack-chatter*" — Nazbi (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's said that in order for me to come face to face with a real, live dragon, I need the blessing of the Goddess Hylia." — Ronn (Breath of the Wild)