A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past Manual Comment
Snap Dragons hop around at great speeds to attack Link with their snapping jaws. They appear in various locations in the Overworld of the Dark World and Lorule. Snap Dragons are vulnerable to most weapons. They move in a diagonal matter and often appear in pairs or groups of three. They can also cause up to three hearts of damage with a single attack.
A Link Between Worlds
- According to the English A Link to the Past manual, Snap Dragons were created by a mad alchemist's plant experiments,  but in the Japanese manual, it is stated that they simply evolved from plants.
- Due to their hopping motion, they can sometimes be unaffected by the Quake Medallion.[verification needed]
- Their official artwork from A Link to the Past depicts them with green leaves, while in-game they have blue leaves.
Their English name may be a reference to the Antirrhinum flower, which is also known as the "snapdragon." Their Japanese name is possibly a play on "gapu," the onomatopoeia for a big bite or chomping sound, and "bura," meaning strolling aimlessly.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 204 (ALttP | ALBW)
- "Snap Dragon
This strange creature was created as a result of a mad alchemist's plant experiments. He uses his tooth-filled maw to snap at anything that gets in his way as he hops about." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 45)
植物から進化したこの敵は大きな口を開け、鋭い牙でかみついてきます。ヒノックス同様、闇の世界の地上に存在します。" (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 51)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (Shogakukan) pg. 20